Chapter 13

Derek POV

"What do you want Peter?" I snapped.

"What? I'm not allowed to visit my nephew and his beautiful family?" Peter asked pushing past me.

"You only come around when you need something or you fucked up. Which is it?" I growled feeling Stiles wrap himself around me. Peter went to go touch Stiles' arm making me move him and let out a warning growl.

"A little protective are we?" Peter asked.

"Don't ever fucking touch him." I roared, hearing the pack getting up from their spots at the table.

"I'm not going to hurt him Derek." he smirked.

I scoffed, "Right. What the hell do you want?"

"Okay, fine. My apartment caught fire. It's still livable but I need a place to stay while they fix it up." He said.

"No." Stiles said, tightening his grip around me.

"You live 3 towns over." Scott snapped.

"Your point?"

"Why the hell wouldn't you just get a hotel?"

Peter laughed. "Because I have yet to meet the three newest members of this pack." he smirked.

"I'll fucking kill you Peter." I said, feeling a few pack members including Stiles hold me back from ripping him apart right there.

"Just let me stay here a few days. I'm seriously not trying to pull anything." he said.

I nodded, "Fine. But, you even think about looking at my family, I'll rip you apart." I snapped.

"Stiles." I said hearing him angrily picking up dinner. He dropped a plate harshly into the sink. "Okay, that plate didn't do anything to you." I said making him glare at me.

"This isn't funny Derek." He snapped.

"Babe, he's my Uncle." I said.

"He's also fucking mental. Did you forget he killed Laura and then went after you and Scott?" He was fuming.

"No, but we fixed that and he's only a beta. I can protect you from a beta." I said leaning against the counter.

"You don't fucking get it." He said coldly shaking his head.

"Then explain it to me." I made him look at me.

"I don't feel safe with him around. I should feel safe in my own fucking house." He said softly.

"You are safe." I reassured him.

"Not with him here. And what gave you the right to just agree to him staying without even talking to me!? We're supposed to come up with decisions like this together that's why we're married. Or did you forget?" He snapped, walking off. I sighed picking up the rest of dinner.

When I walked into my room I saw Stiles and Isabella sitting on the bed. "I don't know pup." He said. I sat down next to Stiles.

"Don't know what?" I asked.

"She wants to go to this school." He said handing me a brochure.

"It's a dance school?" I asked, looking through it. Stiles nodded.

"It's really cool though! Like I learn everything I would at normal school but I don't have to do gym. I get to dance instead. It's a win for everyone!" She said happily.

"When did you decide you wanted to dance?" I asked her.

"A couple months ago." she said. I looked at Stiles who nodded.

"She's been wanting me to put her in classes." He said.

"Um..we'll think about it. Now, go to bed." I said, kissing her head. She smiled running off.

"Why didn't you tell me she wanted to take classes?" I asked Stiles.

"I just forgot." He said laying down. I flipped through the brochure some more finding the price.

"Holy shit." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"It's 5,000 dollars." I said.

"That's not too horrible..." Stiles sat up.

"A month." I added, seeing him get up.

"Yeah, um..hold on." He said, walking into the bathroom connected to our room. I sighed following him. I rubbed his back as the contents in his stomach came up.

"Do you need anything?" He shook his head allowing me to help him up before he grabbed the mouth wash. "I mean, unless your wolfie powers can stop it.." He said.

"Sorry, babe." I kissed his temple.

I walked into the kitchen to see Peter. "Derek." He said. I ignored him going toward the fridge. "How do you know Stiles didn't just marry you for your money?" He asked.

"Because Stiles isn't that shallow. Like you." I snapped.

"I wouldn't marry you. That's gross." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"But, really?" Peter continued. "He knows you're loaded." I shook my head.

"Actually, asshole. I gave most of the money to Cora and the rest is put away for our children to go to college. So don't even think about asking me for money because you won't get any." I said, finishing the hot chocolate I came down to make for Stiles.

"I don't need your money. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing with it." He said. "Goodnight nephew."

I brought Stiles his hot chocolate before checking on the pups and Isaac. Stiles smiled at me when I walked back into our room. "M'tired." He said.

"Go to sleep." I laughed laying next to him. He curled up onto me as I grabbed my book. "Goodnight, baby." I said softly.

"Goodnight, Derbear." He kissed my neck. "I love you." He added.

"I love you too."