Chapter 16

Derek POV

"Stiles?" I called walking inside.

"I'm in the kitchen sugarcakes." He called back.

"I told you not to call me that." I chuckled, hugging him from behind.

"You know you love when I call you that." Stiles retorted. "How was training?" He asked turning in my arms.

"I hate it so much, Stiles." I let my head fall to meet his shoulder.

"Really?" He asked.

"I hate it. Its...I can't do it." I said looking at him again.

"Then quit. Do something...more you." He smiled, kissing me.

"You're not upset?" I asked. He shook his head laughing.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

"I uh..I was thinking about being a doctor..I mean..I'd be a nurse first but..." I said softly.

"You have to go to Med school for that.." Stiles replied.

"I went to Med school, Stiles. I was in Med school when I met you." I explained.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged, "stuff came up. It wasn't important anymore."

"Is that why whenever the pack came over on Tuesday and Thursday you weren't there?" He asked.

"Yeah, I had late classes." I said.

"Do it." He smiled. "Go be the hottest nurse at Beacon Hills Hospital." He kissed me.

"I'm also getting my money back from Peter." I added, quickly.

"Der-" I cut him off.

"I know we don't need it. But knowing I can't send my little girls to college....it hurts."

He sighed, "Be careful." He told me.

I nodded, "Always."

Stiles POV

I walked into the hospital the next morning with Derek in tow. "Hi, Melissa!" I called seeing her look up an smile.

"Stiles, Derek." She replied.

"Derbear wants to be a doctor." I said watching him roll his eyes, "and do you know where Scott is?" I added.

"Right here!" I heard behind me.

"Scott!" I yelled, hugging him. "I missed you." He laughed.

"You saw me last week Stiles."

Derek ended up getting the job. I'm proud of him. I decided to bring him lunch because, well I can.

"Hi Melissa." I said walking over to the desk.

"Hi honey." She smiled.

"Do you know where my lovely doctor is?" I asked.

"Not a doctor." I heard a laugh behind me.

"Der!" I smiled, hugging him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked kissing me.

"Lunch." I said, holding up the bag.

"Give me like 5 minutes. I have to do something then I have lunch." He said, I nodded watching him walk off.

When he was done we sat down and had lunch together. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded, "I just wanted to see you." I said.

"Are you sure that's it?" He laughed.

"Yeah. Its weird not having you at home all the time." I said, picking at his food.

"I know." He sighed.

"The packs coming over for dinner tonight." I said, trying to change the subject.

Derek POV

I got home hearing the pack out back in the pool. I smiled following the smell into the kitchen. Stiles stood in front of the stove humming softly to himself as he continued dinner.

"You're gorgeous." I whispered in his ear wrapping my arms around his stomach. I kissed his cheek.

"You want this right?" He said resting his hands on top of mine which rested on his stomach.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Another baby..." he said softly.

"Of course I do." I said making him face me. "Why would you think I didn't?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Because of money..." he looked down.

"Babe, we'll be fine." I said.

"I'm scared." He whispered a tear falling.

"We've gone through this once, we can do it again." I said, wiping his cheeks.

"I know but..we...we can barely pay the bills how can we..." I pressed a kiss to his lips.

"We will figure it out." I said. He nodded pushing his face into my neck. "I promise."