Chapter 17

*time skip-a few weeks later*

Derek sat in his shared room at the desk going over the plan once again. It had to be perfect.

"Derek, are you ready?" Scott asked, knocking on the door.

Derek nodded, "Where's Stiles?"

"He's in the kitchen finishing up dinner. He's knows this is happening right?" Scott asked.

"More or less." He replied, getting up and making his way downstairs.

Wrapping his arms around his husband Derek mumbled, "I don't know when I'll be home." Stiles didn't respond. In fact, he shrugged Derek off of him.

"Babe, don't do that." Derek groaned.

"I'm not doing anything." He said softly, rage filling the air.

"Stiles." Derek sighed.

"You could've told me you were going tonight, that you planned everything out. You could've kept me in the damn loop Derek!" He yelled.

"I didn't think it was a big deal! It's not life or death here!" Derek yelled back.

"You don't know that. You have no idea what the hell Peter has set up. He could be rogue again and you wouldn't know. The last time you two fought he almost won!" Stiles yelled.

"He's not rogue! And The pack is coming with me! Why are you making such a big deal about this!?"

Stiles laughed, "Sorry for caring about the father of my children. I'll try not to next time." Stiles snapped, turning his back to the wolf.

"Stiles." Derek sighed getting ignored. "Babe, look at me."

Stiles pulled plates from the cupboard setting them on the counter with a little more force than necessary.

"Babe, please." Derek begged.

Sighing, he kissed the others cheek, "I love you." He said softly walking off.

"I love you too, Der."

------------------

"Are you two gonna be okay?" Isaac asked.

"We'll be fine." Derek grumbled, pulling out of the driveway.

"Why didn't you tell him." Scott asked.

"Drop it."

"No, you do realize every time you two fight it hurts not only us but your fucking kids?" Scott snapped.

Derek sighed, focusing on the road as Scott continued.

"All three of them were close to tears because you two were so loud. It hurts them too."

Derek slammed on the brakes. "I KNOW AND I'LL FIX IT JUST FUCKING DROP IT HOLY FUCK." he yelled, rubbing his hands over his face. "Do you not think that I know? I do. I don't like fighting with Stiles. It's probably my least favorite thing ever but sitting hear making me feel worse than I do isn't going to fix anything so just stop." He snapped, starting to drive again.

The rest of the ride was silent.

------------------

"Why were you and daddy fighting?" Isabella asked at dinner.

"It was nothing. I promise, everything fine." Stiles tried reassuring them. "How about we have ice cream and watch a movie?"

Throughout the movie Stiles kept thinking about the fight.

"Was I wrong to get upset?"

"No, Derek should've told me."

"But I couldn't just talked to him about it."

"No it's not a big deal."

He was so distracted that he hadn't noticed the movie had ended and two of the three girls had fallen asleep.

He sighed, "Okay, bedtime." He told Claudia who was still awake as he picked up Talia and carried her to her room.

The girls tucked in and fast asleep, Stiles climbed in the shower. "I should make sure he's okay." He mumbled to himself. "No, he'll be home soon." He sighed. "I'm gonna text him anyways. Yeah, that's what I'll do."

He climbed out of the shower drying off and grabbing his phone.

To: Derbear
Hi Der, hope you're okay. I love you.

He pulled on a pair of boxers and climbed into bed. "You better fucking be okay Derek Hale."

------------------

Derek climbed into the car seeing he had a new message. He read it and smiled to himself as the pack climbed into either his vehicle or the one's they arrived in. "Are you going home?" He asked, Scott.

"Nah, I'll just crash at your place, it's late." He said.

"Yay! It's like old times!" Isaac cheered.

"I'm shocked Derek hasn't kicked you out yet." Scott laughed.

"I would never kick out Isaac. He's my pup." Derek said softly.

"Besides, Stiles would kill me." He chuckled softly to himself.

"Did you hear anything from him?" Scott asked quietly.

"He texted me." Derek said. "I just want to get home."

He got inside and found his way to each of the girls' rooms giving them each a kiss goodnight.

Scott and Isaac stayed up a little longer talking quietly downstairs while some tv show played.

Derek walked into the master bathroom not saying a word to Stiles before cleaning himself up.

When he was finished he climbed in bed next to his mate wrapping him close.

"I'm really sorry. I love you so much." Derek said, voice cracking a little as he fought himself from crying. Stiles sniffled turning in the others arms and burying his face in Derek's chest.

"I love you too." He said quietly.

"I-" Derek started getting cut off.

"We can talk tomorrow, just hold me right now. Okay?" Stiles said softly.

"Okay." Derek replied kissing his forehead. "Tomorrow."