Chapter 2: Asking Alexandria

Recently Denis got a call from Ben Bruce, inviting him to take Danny Worsnop's place in Asking Alexandria. Obviously he accepted, who wouldn't. Denis has always loved Asking Alexandria and he was really sad when he saw them last year and they weren't the same band as they was.

I am honestly so happy for him, it's what he's always wanted. I am so proud of how far he's come from making guitar and vocal covers in his bedroom, to becoming the new lead singer of Asking Alexandria.

He's going into the studio to record their new single that him and Ben have been writing together.

"Alexa, where are my favourite skinny jeans?" he asked as he walked into the living room.

"I don't know, the washing machine maybe" I replied, not looking up from my sketchbook as I was sketching out a new tattoo design of a girl with a wolf headdress. This is what it's always like when Denis goes away and I stay here in Kiev. I continued sketching as he ran around the apartment like a headless chicken, occasionally asking me where stuff was like his favourite jeans, his favourite tank top, his checked shirt or his snapback. Sometimes I wanted to punch him in the face.

"Lex, where are my converse?"

"Which ones?" I shouted, not looking up from my sketch.

"The black ones"

"By the door where you left them!"

He soon entered the living room and headed to the front door. He returned carrying his black converse and a letter.

"This was on the floor. It's addressed to you" he handed me the letter and retreated back into his room. I put down my sketcbook and opened the letter.

Dear Miss De Luca,

We have been introduced to your photography portfolio and we are very impressed by your work. We would like to invite you to an interview in Los Angeles, California and talk about your options. We look forward to meeting and working with you.

Kind Regards
Lillian Bowles
CEO of Rocking Photography

You've got to be fucking kidding me. I get to go back to California? I get to see my mom and dad for the first time in 4 years, holy shit. I jumped from the sofa and screamed. Denis walked into a the living room with a confused look on his face.

"What the fuck is happening in right now?" He asked. I handed him the letter and said "I'm going to fucking California! I get to go to America with you!" Denis looked at me and the realisation hit him.

"We're going to America together!" He pulled me in for a hug and I couldn't help but smile. I was on top of the world right now, nothing could ruin that, could it?