Chapter 3: Goodbye Kiev

There was a knock at the apartment door. I got up and opened it to reveal Dasha, Denis' girlfriend.

"Hey Dasha, you coming to the US of A with us too?" I asked, pulling her in for a hug.

"I wish! I'm going back to Moscow" she pulled away and I shut the door.

"DENIS, YOU'RE GIRLFRIEND'S HERE AND SHE'S GOING BACK TO MOSCOW! WE HAVE A FLIGHT TO CATCH IN 3 HOURS, SO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT FUCKING HER, WE HAVEN'T GOT TIME!" I shouted as Dasha sat on the sofa laughing.

"I've got to catch my flight in an hour, so there won't be much hope of that" she said, once she composed herself.

Denis came stumbling in, kissed Dasha on the cheek and flopped down onto the sofa. I pointed at him "the taxi will be here in an hour, so no fucking." I warned before leaving the room and went to finish packing.

10 minutes later I heard the front door shut and Denis appeared in my bedroom doorway. "So, either you were really quick or you couldn't arise to the occasion" I joked, zipping my suitcase and applying the padlock.

"Haha, very funny. She had to leave to catch her flight"

"Right" I said sarcastically. Denis fell onto my bed and looked at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"She doesn't know what to do" Denis sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"She thinks that the distance will get between us, she know what the Asking guys are like regarding drinking."

"I mean physically the distance will be between you, but the guys also have girlfriends, and anyway when you're drunk, you get shit tattoos instead of one night stands"

"You will never let me live that down will you?"

"You, yourself won't ever let you live that down" I said receiving a chuckle from Denis.

"Touché" he replied.

"You've been with her for nearly 3 years Denis and she's put up with your stupid ass, so I won't worry about her leaving you. Personally, I think Dasha is a fucking Saint, having to put up with you all the time"

"Shut up" he said grabbing my suitcase. My phone buzzed, announcing that the taxi was here.

"Taxi's here Denis, time to go" we locked up the apartment and headed to the airport.

Once at the airport, we checked in and got through security unscathed. I bought some Jack Daniels in duty free and Denis bought some Vodka. This was going to be a fun flight.

We boarded the plane and it so took off. I gazed out of the window.

Goodbye Kiev.