Chapter 6: The Interview

I hadn't spoken to Denis, and to be honest I couldn't really deal with his shit right now. Today was my interview. 

Luckily, when I woke up Denis had already left for the studio, so I didn't have to deal with him.

However, he had left a note in the kitchen.

I'm sorry
Denis x

You're not getting off that easily Stoff. 

I headed to my interview. I was excited and nervous. 

"Alexa De Luca, to see Lillian Bowles" I said to the receptionist. She typed a few things into the computer and handed me a visitor's badge.

"This way, Miss De Luca" she said as she led me through the building. She knocked on a door and a faint "come in" was heard. The receptionist ushered me and shut the door behind me.

"Ah, Miss De Luca. It's a pleasure to meet you, I was astounded by your portfolio" Lillian greeted. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, thank you for looking at my portfolio"

After an hour going through my portfolio and talking about my career aspirations, inspirations and stuff like that, Lillian said "I would like to offer you a place at Rocking Photography. You will be self employed, but we will pay you. You will have your own hours and you can choose your own gigs, what do you say? Would you like to be part of our team?"

I was amazed by what I was being asked. 

"Yes, I would love to" Lillian smiled at my response. 

"Okay, now my first offer for you, which I don't think you will turn down, is, how would you like to be the touring/resident photographer for Asking Alexandria?"

I wanted to take it, but some part of me was saying no and I don't know why. Maybe it was because Denis and I weren't on the best of terms right now, but I didn't care, I would get to tour the world with my best friend, if he still wanted to be that is.

"Yes, I accept the offer" 

We went through some paperwork and before I knew it, I was being handed a login to the system and a pass. I was officially a music photographer. Now I just had to deal with the Denis situation.

As I entered the apartment, Denis was sitting on a barstool in the kitchen.

"Can we talk?" he asked, sadness laced his voice. I nodded.

"I'm so sorry about last night Lex, you're right that wasn't me and I'm ashamed of myself right now. Everything just got on top of me. I still can't believe this is all happening, and to have you here, by my side is incredible. I'm sorry, but I really don't deserve a best friend like you" 

"No you don't, but we need to put our differences behind us because you are going to be seeing a lot more of me" 

"What?"

"I got the job Denis, and I am officially the touring/resident photographer for Asking Alexandria" Denis jumped up and pulled me into his arms.

"I promise, I will never let you down again" he whispered.

"You better not, or I am on the first flight back to Kiev"

Everything was finally falling into place, I just hope nothing got in the way.