Chapter 8: A new start

1 month later
November 2015

A whole month had passed since the whole Denis incident. I still spoke to Dasha secretly, without Denis knowing. I had moved from Kiev to London, England.

I quit my job at Rocking Photography and signed the tattoo studio over to Oscar. I got a job working in a tattoo studio in Camden, London.

This was my new life. A new start for me, and I wasn't going to let anyone ruin it, not even Denis Shaforostov.

From what Dasha has told me, she and Denis are still together and Asking Alexandria is still going strong. I'm happy for her, They've been together for 3 years now and I wasn't going to destroy that.

Life in London is crazy, it's so fast paced it's unreal, but I like it, it gives me less time to think.

"Good morning Alexa" Chase greeted as I entered the tattoo parlour.

"Morning Chase, full day today?" I asked

"Yeah and so have you by the looks of it" he replied looking at the appointment book.

"Yeah, I have the joy of doing an 8 hour sitting today, can't wait"

"Good luck with that one" he chuckled.

I headed to my station and hung up my stuff, setting up my tattoo gun and inks. My 8-hour appointment would be here any minute. It was going to be a long day.

8 hours later

"And, you're all done. You really took it like a champ" I said, wiping the last of the blood. I wrapped the customer's new tattoo and got paid. I walked to the front of the studio and collapsed on the sofa.

"Tough day?" Chase asked once again.

"You can say that again. I never want to see another Tiger in my life" Chase laughed.

"You know what, we might as well shut up shop now, we haven't got anyone else booked in and we're not doing drop-ins today "

"Yeah sure, I think it's time for a beer anyway"

"I couldn't agree more" Chase chuckled.

We locked the studio and headed to the nearest pub.

After today, I needed a beer.