Chapter 7: I'm sorry

5 months later

Asking Alexandria were on tour and I was with them as their photographer. I was so happy to be travelling the world with my best friend and doing a job that I love.

The boys were sound checking, leaving me on the bus to edit photos. My phone buzzed.

Dasha: Do you love Denis?

What? That was random.

Alexa: Why are you asking?

Dasha: Because he loves you

Wait, what?

Alexa: What do you mean?

Dasha: He sent me a text that was obviously meant for you.

Alexa: What did it say?

Dasha: Hey Lexi baby, I just wanted to let you know that I love you more than a friend, I always have and I always will. I'm struggling to contain myself around you, I love you baby, Denis xx

You've got to be kidding me.

Alexa: Are you in Moscow or Kiev?

Dasha: Kiev, why?

Alexa: I'm coming home

I messaged Lillian and AA's manager saying that some personal issues came up and that I need to return to Ukraine immediately. Luckily the both understood, and I booked a flight to Kiev.

If Denis meant every word in that text, I couldn't be around him for a while.

I packed my things and wrote a note.

Hey Denis, I've got to leave something came up that I need to sort out. I'll give you a clue, you might want to check the text messages that you've sent to Dasha.
Alexa x
P.S. If you meant what you said, then you need to talk to Dasha because I am not going to ruin my friendship with her.

I placed the note in his bunk and hopefully he would read it. I ordered an Uber and headed to the airport.

I needed to see Dasha and stay away from Denis.

Kiev, Ukraine

I hugged Dasha and we sat on the sofa.

"I don't know what happened Dash, I didn't do anything to lead him to say that"

"I've think I've known for quite some time"

"Known what?"

"That he was falling for you. The way he looks at you is how he used to look at me, but he doesn't look at me like that anymore. Ever since he joined Asking Alexandria, I knew that I was going to lose him sooner or later. I had just hoped that it would be for a random girl, not our best friend"

"Dasha, I'm so sorry."

"How do you feel about him?"

"I don't know. 5 months ago, I realised that he was my home, but that was it. I've never really felt anything towards him. If I have then my mind has been good at suppressing it from myself."

Suddenly my phone buzzed. There's only one person that can be.

Denis: I don't know what to say.

I showed Dasha the text and she told me not to reply.

"I don't even know how to respond" I sighed. I couldn't deal with this, but I knew how to.

Alexa: I'm sorry Denis

After I sent that text, I blocked him on my phone, Twitter, Facebook, VK, Skype, Instagram and Snapchat.

"Dash, I've blocked him on everything. I'm done, I can't do this anymore"

I stood up and handed her a plane ticket to California. "Go to him, and get your boyfriend back. I'm not going to stand in your way any longer. I'm not going to be the reason you break up"

"Thank you Alexa, what should I tell him?"

"Just say I'm sorry and goodbye" I hugged Dasha one last time and she left the apartment. I needed to find myself a new place to live because Denis would definitely come looking for me.