Visitors

I wasn't sure how long I was asleep, but I was woken up to the sounds of someone pounding on my door.

"Arggh!", I groaned pulling my pillow over my head, "no one's fucking home!"

"John", Hudson said, "open up, there's people here to see you."

"I'm not in the mood Hudson", I called, "get lost."

"Honey", my wife called from the other side of the door.

I sat up, rubbed my eyes and walked to the door, finding Taylor standing there with our two boys, 13 year old Danny and 7 year old Alex. Danny was black haired and blue eyed while Alex's only difference was the fact that he had green eyes and his size, otherwise they were carbon copies of each other.

Taylor was about 5'9 and had blonde hair and green eyes. She was dressed in combat pants and shirt, while the boys were in regular clothes.

"Thanks for bringing them by brother", I said.

Hudson nodded to me and left.

"What are you doing here honey?", I asked kissing Taylor's cheek.

"I heard about Jackie", Taylor said, "is it true?"

"I wish it wasn't", I answered.

Taylor sighed, "wow...he was only 17."

I sighed and crouched down to the boys.

"You okay Dad?", Danny asked.

"Not really son", I said pulling them both into a hug, "I...I lost someone I cared about."

"I know", Danny said, "I heard Mom and Hudson talking on the phone."

I sighed. Danny was a little too mature for his age. He'd learned about death and loss just a little too soon, and I promised myself before I came up for tour that I was gonna do everything I could to keep him from experiencing it, but he and Jackson had an old Toyota Supra that they were working on repairing.

"Is Jackson really dead?", Danny asked.

"Do you want the truth?", I asked looking him in the eyes.

Danny nodded.

"Yes Daniel", I answered, "Jackson has been killed."

Danny sighed and leaned into me. He was crying only lightly, which surprised me, considering how close they were, maybe he just hurt to bad to cry any harder. I pulled him tight against me and he cried for a good thirty minutes before stopping.

"Your gonna kill the man who did this right?", Danny asked.

"I already have", I said.

"Alright then", Danny said wiping his eyes, "I hope he suffered."

I sighed and let him go, turning to Taylor, "why don't you go find Hudson at the mess hall? I'll get dressed and join you."

She nodded and left my room. I stood there for a few minutes, sighed, got dressed and then headed for the mess hall. I found Hudson and the others in the back of the tent with Emelia and Taylor, who really seemed to be enjoying each others company.

I see you two have met", I said sitting down.

Emelia smiled, "you didn't tell me you were married."

I shrugged, "13 years. I guess I figured someone else had already told you."

Emelia smiled, "I hope I can find someone some day."

"You will", I said, "you'll just have to know where to look."

"I'm thinking Japan", she grinned, "no reason."

Hudson laughed, "the hell there isn't."

"There isn't", Emelia answered, "I just want to visit Japan, plus, I wanna see Mt. Fujimi Kiado."

"Well there's your reason", Issac said yawning, "damn, my tours about up."

"How long you got left brother?", Taylor asked.

"Four weeks", Issac said, "Jackie would have been going home in two."

I sighed, "I got a month left."

"20 days", Frank said.

"Month", Hudson said.

"I'll be ready with the hunting stuff once you guys get back to the states", Frank said, "where should we go this time?"

"Rockies", I answered.

"Already been",. Issac said, "we need to go up to Alaska. I have an old RV I can hook to the back of my Ford F150 we could head up their the first Monday after everyone gets back."

"Speaking of everyone", I said, "when does Wyatt get off?"

"Assuming we find him", Hudson said, "40 days."

"Don't talk like that", I said, "we'll find him."

"And you know that how?", Emelia asked.

"We'll find him", I said.

"Yeah", Holland said walking up to us, "you will, guys, come with me."

We stood from the table without too much fuss and followed Holland to the command tent. Once there, he walked to his desk and pressed play on a tape recorder.

"Overlord...Raven 2-4 Actual...Africa...need assistance."

Holland killed the playback.

"That was", Hudson began.

"Wyatt", he answered, "we traced the signal's source, and we found him.