Part 1-John-The Story Begins

An extremely sharp, high pitched wail was what woke me up. I groped around my nightstand for that stupid little alarm clock, finally finding it and jerking it out from the wall and dropping it on the floor by my bed.

"Finally", I groaned, "why do I even set that stupid little thing? And why is it Monday?"

I never really cared much for Mondays, they were the scourge of the planet and If I was Leader of the world, i'd have Mondays removed from the calender. Of course then Tuesday would become the new Monday, so really what would be the point?Last night we had a party for my older brother Issac's birthday. If we had been slightly smarter than we were we would have done it on Saturday as we didn't have to wake up on Sunday morning. Well, Issac and I did anyway because of Church, but that was besides the point.

My friends and I had eaten too many slices of Pizza, hotdogs and cupcakes to feasibly count and some of us had ended up drunk, I being one of them. I still felt like someone had taken a knife, driven it into my skull through my ear and twisted it around. I had also spent a miserable 30 minutes on the floor throwing my guts up shortly after the party last night and my stomach and throat were still hurting from that one. You'd think for someone who knew that Beer and Cupcakes didn't set well with him that I'd avoid it. Says a lot doesn't it?It also seemed like that when ever I had headaches, and believe me, I had one, I was hyper sensitive to sound. I heard a door down the hallway open, shut and then foot steps coming down the hall. A few seconds later, my door flew open and I felt an empty soda can collide with the back of my head.

"John!", my friend Hudson yelled, "get up!"

Hudson was the second in command for our team, with me being the CO. He was 32 years old, the oldest of all of us. He stood at a towering six feet and eight inches, even looking down on the General who was in charge of our Firebase. He had green eyes and short, light brown hair that stood on end, a little bit. Hudson was a man who looked like he could throw around the incredible Hulk. He weighed 350 pounds, but barely any of it was fat. He was a wall of liquid steel and I always joke that he could probably be shot point blank with a 12 gauge and the shot would bounce off. He was also one of those guys who liked single shot, long range rifles that didn't carry a lot of ammo so he could have room for other things and his equipment of choice certainly reflected that. His primary weapon was FN Hertsal USA's FAL Optimized Support Weapon chambered for the 7.62x54 NATO round. It carried a Hybrid sight, a support grip, 25 round magazine and match grade bull type barrel with a semi-auto modification. His favored secondary was Browning's B32R 9mm burst pistol with a long barrel, laser sight and muzzle brake.

"I was sleeping ass for brains", I moaned pulling the pillow over my head.

"I know that", he answered, "why do you think I threw the can at you?"

"Man how in the hell are you not sick?", I asked as I threw my pillow to the floor.

"For starters", Hudson said, "you and Frank ate all the pizza, so I got stuck with hot dogs."

"You love hot dogs", I said kicking my blankets off and sitting up, reaching for my dog tags.

"Yes", Hudson answered, "but Jackie and Wyatt ate most of them and you know I don't drink, so there, that's how I'm not sick."

I sighed as I sat on the edge of my bed, "I'll meet you at the usual spot, I'm feeling ripe right now and I wanna clean up."

"You didn't take a shower before you went to bed last night?", Hudson asked with a smirk on his face.

"I have a gun in my nightstand", I said looking at him.

"Moving on", Hudson smiled before disappearing around the corner.