The Final Chapter

Location: Tacoma Dragon Perserve/Colorado

Time: 10:21 AM

Tanulth's POV

I woke to the sun in the entrance of my den. The orange and yellow rays lit my whole cave with it's luminous glow. Smoke from the fire that we had ousted last night drifted out of the fire pit and lazily floated into the back of my den. I stretched all my limbs as well as my tail as far as they would go before glancing out of my cave at the lush,green bushes and then to my still slumbering mate,Sirath.

She was about seven feet tall and twenty four feet long with tan body scales and brown chest plates that were stacked like shingles. Her Wings were tan on the outside and she had the same brown on the inside of her wing membranes as she did the armor on her legs. Her horns curved gently backwards about three feet or so and were a lighter shade of brown than her armor or wing membrane. Her neon green eyes would get all sparkly when they hit the light and she was curvy in a way that drove me crazy and made other males on the preserve thoroughly jealous.

As for me,I was about nine feet tall and thirty six feet long,a good bit bigger than my mate and a whole lot broader,being built like I was a boulder. I had dark tan body scales and brown chest plates about the same shade as Sirath's that wrapped around my sides and neck as well as a bit of my tail. My crest was different from my mates,being loose and flowing,rather than stiff and knife like. I had the same armor on my legs that she did and our horns were pretty much the same.

I glanced over at my mate,who was sleeping. She was laying on her side with her back to my stomach,snoring lightly. I smiled at her before licking her across her snout to wake her. She woke with a yawn and smiled at me before returning my licks.

"Morning my love",she said softly. '

"Morning to you too",I said softly.

She smiled again before pushing herself up against me and wedging her head under my muzzle.

"How did I end up with you?",I asked licking her again.

"Funny",she said standing,causing me to roll onto my back. She rose and then lay across my chest.

"I was about to ask you the same thing..."

I smiled and laughed lightly before placing my head against her's and pulling her into a deep,draconian kiss. I broke our kiss after what seemed like forever and placed my ear to my mate's stomach. I could hear our unborn cub moving around inside her,he was making faint noises,a sign his birth was extremely close.

"Wow",I said smiling and looking at her,"how long do you think it will be until were parents?"

"Soon",Sirath replied me with a smile,"he kicks harder and harder everyday."

I smiled and pulled her into another kiss as there was a soft thud outside my den.

"Tanulth!",Corinth's voice called,"you in here brother?"

Corinth,a Mountian Dragon Alpha,like myself,was a real close friend of mine. He was lightly colored,with tan scales and a palish blue chest plate that matched mine in style and length. His horns were a good shade of brown and were only a foot long. His snout was armored and he had six spikes each being a different size underneath both his eyes. His wings were 120 feet long,a decent size for our breed and he was about my height and length,but I was a whole lot broader.

"Yeah I'm in here",I called back,"come on in." 

Corinth walked in with a wide smile covering his muzzle,as always.

"Morning Tanner",he said using a nickname he made up for me,he thought my real name was "to hard to pronounce",I have given him so much crap for it,but on he goes. He bowed slightly at the sight of my mate.