One Night in a Car

Christina's P.O.V.

"Great," Bobby said sarcastically, getting out of the car.

He popped the hood and looked over everything. I just stood next to him, observing everything that was happening.

"Do you know what's wrong?" I asked.

He shrugged. "No idea. I'm not really that into cars."

I sighed. "It's OK. I'll just call someone," I said, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

No service. Just our luck.

"But I don't have any service."

Bobby pulled out his phone and we both went on the search for service.

"It's getting dark," he finally said. "We might as well stay overnight in the car and get someone tomorrow. I'm sure if we made it to the top of one of these hills we'd get service."

"OK," I said. "So we're stuck in the car for now?"

He nodded. "Are you claustrophobic?"

"I don't think so. But either way, one night in a car shouldn't kill me," I answered.

We both made our way to the car and hopped in.

"You can put your seat back when you want to sleep," he said. "But until then, what do you want to do?"

I shrugged. "Talk."

"How about we take turns asking questions, and we both have to answer?" he suggested.

"Yeah," I said with a smile as I nodded. "You go first."

"Let's start easy," he said, "favorite color?"

"Green," I said immediately. "But orange is a close second."

"Blue," Bobby answered. "And that's all I have to say about that."

I smiled at him. "Uh, what are you best at cooking?"

"I make a mean breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, omelets, toast, cereal, basically any breakfast food that isn't overly fancy, I can make," he answered.

"Easy Mac," I answered, hoping he didn't think it was too lame.

"I could make you breakfast and you could make me lunch!" he said excitedly.

"What about supper?" I asked.

"We'd go out for supper."

I nodded. I then realized that I was smiling uncontrollably and really hadn't stopped since this little game had started.

"OK, let's make it a little more difficult. How long did you have a crush on me?"

I sighed, hoping I wasn't blushing.

"Basically since the first few times you came to our house with Mark. So, uh, three years or so?"

"My crush on you came later because you were twelve and it would be uncool to date you when you were twelve and I was thirteen. So, about two years," he said.

I looked at my feet, trying to come up with a question. "If you could change one thing about our first date, what would it be?" I asked.

"Can I change something about the fifth date, so I could get out and fix the car once we were done talking like this?" he asked.

I shook my head with a smile.

"I'd change the fact that I ate basically all the popcorn," I said.

"I'd change the fact that you think you ate most of the popcorn when you didn't," he replied.

"Your turn," I said, ignoring his answer.

"Hmm," he said. "What's one thing that can always brighten your day?"

This question was way easier than I was expecting it to be.

"Uh.... really good music. Puns. Seeing other people be really happy," I answered. Then I muttered, "Seeing you."

"Aw, Christina," he said with a smile.

I was sure I was blushing again.

"You?" I asked.

"Well, I really like playing video games. And going to concerts. And now that I think about it, one of my favorite things is being with you, too."

I smiled at him.

"Your turn," he said, returning the smile.

There was one question in the back of my mind, but I thought it was too soon. It would put too much pressure on him. But I had to ask it.

I took a deep breath. "Do you love me?"

He looked taken aback, surprise the only thing I saw on his face.

"I'm sorry... That was-"

"No," he said. "It was acceptable. It's actually a really great question."

My stomach felt weak. I felt really nervous suddenly.

"And the answer is yes."

I looked up at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "I love you, Christina."

"I love you too," I said, answering the question for myself.

"You know, if I had to stay the night in a car with someone, I'm glad it was you," he said.

"Agreed," I replied.