XII; Getting ready for an exciting date

GUYS WE REACHED 800 READS THANK YOU SO MUCH AW ᕙ(^▿^-ᕙ) It's a filler because that's all you're getting from a double update! 

ps. i never thought i'd even make it to chapter three of this oh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan sniffled as he finished his shift, checking his phone as he left the shop.  He was headed home to prepare for whatever crazy date Phil had planned, and he thought on the way about what he was doing. He was going on a date with a boy he had kissed last night. Was that normal? Really, was it normal to whack someone with an umbrella and then befriend them?

Focusing back on his phone, he read the screen. One text from Phil, and a missed call from Hailey.

Phil:

Hey, I payed a surprise visit to your house to drop off a gift for tonight! Just be ready by 7, okay?

After replying with a quick okay, he dialed Hailey's phone number and held the phone up to his ear. "Hey Hails, what-" He began calmly, before he heard a shuffle on the other end of the line. "How dare you!" Hailey spoke from the device, and he could feel the frown on her face. "You're going on a date with Phil and you didn't bother to cancel our movie night!" Dan could feel his gut wrenching, and the minute he heard a small breath, relief washed over him. "Just get to your house and let me help you get ready. You'll look cute." She said, before hanging up.

He felt bad, but he could tell she was happy for him. After all, this was partly her fault they were together.

The minute he stepped into his house, Hailey handed him a neatly wrapped box. On a tag, it read, in slightly neat handwriting; Here you are, just as a present for you on this special night. "He's a cheesy." Hailey stated, and threw Dan a couple of shopping bags. "Pick something nice and wear it, you're welcome." 

Dan cleared his throat. "How about this, it's three. Phil's not due until seven, so we can watch a movie until then?" He suggested. Hailey pushed him into the bathroom. "Okay sweetheart, get ready." She closed the door, and Dan sighed, and ran his hands through his hair. He wasn't sure if he should be excited or worried everyone was so excited.

He opened the box, faltering for a moment. Damn Phil for being so nice. It was a flower crown, but made of real roses. Under it, was another note. 'Hand made, by me of course.'

He stifled a laugh and searched through the bags, looking for something to match the red.

Boy, was he excited.