XVI; I love you

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely phils_ravioli. She's been the source of so many great ideas, she's one of my lovely  friends and Hailey is based on her x3.

Thanks Hailz, for making this book possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan took a sharp intake of breath, pacing in the apartment he lived in, eyes wide with fear. Phil had arrived half an hour ago, all the apologizing slipping out of his mouth within two minutes. After that, Dan had began panicking. 

"Dan." Phil finally interrupted with a heavy sigh, grabbing his hand and wrapping him in a tight hug. "Just... Just cry. It's human." He whispered into the brunette's hair, placing his lips on Dan's forehead quickly. Just as Dan began to shake, trembling with fear as he buried his face in Phil's shirt, his whole body racked with sobs. "S-She's h-hurt!" Dan hiccuped, "She might not survive-! P-Phil, she's.." He choked on his words, not able to finish as he cried. "She's all I have left!"

Phil rubbed his back, muttering things like 'it's okay' or 'you and I both know she'll hold on'. "You have me." He said, minutes later, while Dan was still nuzzled into his chest, sniffling as the last of his tears fell. His eyes were red, bloodshot as he craned his neck to stare into Phil's blue eyes. "I do." He whispered, his hand going to grab Phil's, intertwining their fingers. "I have you." He repeated, the words so simple, but so important to both of them. Phil's words seemed crazy, but he seemed to know they were the right things to say as he placed a kiss on Dan's forehead again, before mumbling the words against Dan's skin. "I love you, you know that, right?" Dan squeezed his hand in reply, nodding, leaning into him like Phil was the only thing keeping him from falling into the hands of death. "I love you too." He whispered.

Their share of words would seem crazy, heck, they did seem crazy. But it was right, just hearing each other say it. Phil might have wanted to say it while on a date, some crazy picnic. Dan maybe in the rain, after they had fought. But this right here, this was perfect. When it had happened, neither would regret it for a second.

~~~ 

Phil had just tucked Dan in, whispering a goodnight and a 'love you', before beginning to leave. "Don't-" Dan sat up, voice surprising Phil. "Just... Stay, alright?" He gave a look to the empty pillow beside him. Phil, without a word, took off his shirt and crawled into the pink sheets with Dan. Without a warning, Dan kissed Phil lightly on the lips, before cuddling into his chest. "You're such a nerd." Phil said, a small laugh following, vibrating his chest. It made Dan smile. 

He closed his eyes, for once in his life, wishing to stay awake.

Any dream he had was no comparison to reality.