Later

We slowly made our way to wherever Isom was because we were too scared to find out what happens next. I had to hold Mark’s hand and drag him along, literally. The more steps I take, the closer I got to him, and the more scared I got. In the elevator, Mark broke down in tears. I startled at the sight of him like that. The sight of him crying torn my heart into pieces and made me cry too. I could hear the fear and worry from him. Like I said, I totally ship Mark Foster and Isom Innis. “Mark, please stop.” I pleaded, wiping his cheek.

            “I’m sorry, it’s embarrassing for you to see me like this.” He forced a chuckled and it sounded pathetic,

            “No, it’s okay.” I patted his cheek. “I’m scared too.”

“You don’t understand.”

I sighed, “We’ll talk about it later, okay?”

“Okay.”

“If you stop, then I’ll stop.”

“I’ll stop.” He took a deep shaky breath and exhaled slowly. We got out of the elevator and looked for any signs of his band mates. This place looks and smells familiar. I suddenly stopped on my tracks, causing Mark to bump me. “What’s wrong?”

            “I hate this place, it brings the bad side of life.”

            He chuckled, “I know, but we can’t really do anything about it.”

            “Two years ago.” I sniffed, “It happened two years ago.”

            He put a protective arm around me, “I know, kiddo.”

            “Hey, are you still going to that club to DJ tonight?”

            “I’m afraid so.”

            “Don’t let the people see you like this tonight, they’ll get nosey.”

            “I’ll try.”

            “You have to plaster a drunk smile.” I smirked,

            “Do you want to come?”

            “No thanks.”

            “Aw.” He pouted,

            “But I don’t want to come.” I pouted back,

            “You’re going to miss all the fun.”

            “I’ll be fine.” I patted his shoulder, “I’ll stay here incase Isom needs anything.”

            “Maybe I should cancel tonight.” He murmured and started to walk again,

            “No, don’t.” I sternly said, “It’s okay, just go with Pontius. Please?”

            “Okay, I’ll do it.”

            “Good boy.” I kissed his cheek. We decided to give up looking for them and took a seat in the waiting room. We flopped on the corner of the room and waited for something to happen. The waiting room was empty, so Mark had his feet up on the seat across him while I sit across him. I kept on replaying that incident and couldn’t stop thinking about Isom.

            “Do you think it has anything to do with me?” He blurted out of nowhere,       

           “What are you talking about? How can it have anything to do with you? He’s had heart problems in the past.”