He's Mad

I finally left Isom after about half an hour calming myself down. Mister Harrison called Ryan to his office, which was on the third floor, to help him do his papers. So I had to go and find the guys all by myself. I think they were looking for me because my phone couldn’t stop vibrating. I didn’t have the guts to answer yet, so I decided to ignore them.

I peeked in the cafeteria and found them on one table. Pontius was angrily typing on his phone while Cubbie was pressing his phone to his ears. Pontius was texting me and Cubbie was trying to call me. My legs tickled from the nonstop vibrating of my phone, but I made no intentions to answer. Mark was staring outside the window, his fingers fumbling with the string of his hoodie.

I wanted to approach them, but I couldn’t. It felt like my feet were glued to the floor. I also feel like my phone was about to explode from the nonstop and constant vibrating. I was about to take a brave step forward when someone puts his hand on my shoulder. I froze, thinking that the gesture could possibly mean anything. At a time like this, I started to think about bad things. Without saying a word, the guy started to drag me. Relax, it’s just Sean. I thought to myself when I saw him.

Pontius saw me coming and stood up, “Where have you been? I’ve been trying to get a hold of you!”

I looked down at my shoes, which suddenly became the most interesting thing in the whole wide world.

He sighed and sat down again, “Where’s Ryan?”

I was pulled to his lap and I flopped helplessly, “Paperwork.”

“Okay, so where were you?” Cubbie asked, “You never answered my calls.”

            “Nowhere.” I lied,

            “What’s wrong?” Pontius asked,

            “Nothing.” I lied again, “Nothing’s wrong.”

            “I’ve been looking all over for you, you know that?” Sean spat, “Something fishy is going on here.”

            Then came the deadly silence where all eyes were on me. My heart started to beat faster and faster as I got more nervous. Then Mark broke the silence with a question that made me feel guilty for some reason, “You saw Isom, didn’t you?”

            “You saw him?” Sean jerked forward,

            I glanced at each of them and they were all giving me a look. I started to panic a little inside.

            Mark stood up, went to me, and pulled me up. His eyes were menacingly dark and they are freaking me out. His hands were tightly grasping my shoulders and it feels threatening. “You did see him, didn’t you?” He gritted and I could see his jaws clenched tightly.

            Keep your mouth shut, and don’t say a single word. I stared back at him with fear as he kept his scary gaze at me. My hands started to tremble and tears were starting to build up.

            “Mark, let her go!” Cubbie barked,

            “I know you saw him!” Mark accused,

            I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. My breath was getting shakier and shakier every minute. That is the common symptoms of crying.

            “Just tell me! Did you see Isom or not?”

            “Mark.” Cubbie muttered,

            I couldn’t take it anymore, so I flipped, “Okay! I saw him, okay? I saw Isom!” I shoved his hands away and stepped back,

            “I knew it!” Mark cackled devilishly,

            “But you can’t see him.” I fearfully blurted, “Y- you can’t s- see him.”

            “And why is that?” He growled, stepping closer to me. His face was dangerously too close to me.

            “Get away from me!” I stepped back, “I’m sorry, okay?”

            “You saw Isom and didn’t even bother to tell me.” His voice was low and dangerous. I stepped back again, but tragically was greeted by the wall.

            “I don’t want you to see Isom.” I stammered,

            “You don’t want me to see Isom?”

            “Mark!” Cubbie boomed,

            “Mark, stop this.” I pleaded, “Don’t do this, please.”

            “Then tell me why!” He yelled, his eyes bulging with anger.

            I startled and trembled even more. You do not want to see Mark this mad, ever, I mean it.

            He got impatient, “Tell. Me. Why. I-”

            I slapped him, accidentally. It’s just that I was panicking and I don’t know what to do. He was pressuring me and I had to think of something to stop him. I didn’t expect myself to slap him in the face. I just slapped him, but I don’t really know why. I could see his cheek turned slightly red and he flushed in anger. He kept staring at me with those dark menacing eyes as I shrunk with fear.

            “…”

            I slipped passed him and ran, not daring to look back. I kept running and running, not knowing where to go. I ran where my legs took me. Before I turned in the corner, I heard a chair being kicked.