EIGHT | Who Are You?

Marcus Moore in the MM

***

"Hey baby, it's me.. i'm not feeling too well still and have a kind of sick feeling still. I'm at the hotel now though, I'm gonna try to rest up to still go out with y'all tonight. Call me back babe." I ended the voicemail and put the key card in the door. I walked into the suite and immediately felt the sickness come over me once again. I didn't know what it was but I had to get rid of it and fast. I made my way to the bedroom and slipped off the sweats I had on, leaving them with my shoes by the end of the bed. I sat there for a while, just thinking. I'm getting married in four days to the man of my dreams, and I can't believe it. The moment my happiness finally came along, so did Derek. My thoughts took over my mind as I fell into a deep sleep.

Hours later I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing off the hook. I looked at the caller ID and it was Marcus. I answered sleepily "Hey babe" I said sitting up in the bed reaching for the clock.

"Anastasia have you seen these damn blogs and shit?! Have you seen what they're saying?!"

I wiped the sleep from my eyes and focused myself on what he was saying. "What?! Marcus I don't know what you're talking about" I explained.

"Look at twitter Anastasia. You and that nigga is all that anybody is talking about. You went out with him?!" he was clearly furious.

"Marcus, no I wasn't out with him. I went to see my mom, you know that!" I defended. I put him on speaker as I opened up my twitter app. Marcus wasn't lying, somehow the paparazzi caught my hand on Derek's after he had told me the story of the child him and that girl had. "Marcus it's not even what it looks like, for real" I climbed out of bed and began looking around the room for my purse.

"How you expect me to believe that Anna? You basically jumped out your skin when you saw that nigga yesterday and you wouldn't even tell me who the hell he was without a fight. Anna what the fuck is going on?" he was now yelling through the phone.

"Baby just come to the room, we can talk before we go out tonight and I'll explain."

"It's already 9, I'm headed out now. I'll see you when I get in tonight"

"Marcu-" my sentence was cut short by the clicking of the phone. He was beyond pissed off at me. I sat on the bed and dialed Jessica on face time.

"Anastasia the stripper, how you doing sexy?" she joked about my shape and it made me giggle but didn't take my mind off of the problem at hand.

"Jess it's bad."
"I know, I've seen the blogs.. I thought you'd kill him when you saw him, instead y'all holding hands. That's cute" she laughed.

"Jess no, it's not like that. I did want to kill him. It's a long story but Marcus just doesn't want to hear it."

"Well where is he?"

"He went to a club with the players he was with earlier today" I told her.

"That's not good. You know how friendly he is, on top of being mad at you. Anna you need to get your ass dressed in the sexiest damn thing you packed and go get him. He's a NBA player, a very successful one at that" she tried to warn.

"Yeah but I trust him Jess, I do. If I didn't I wouldn't be marrying him."

"I'm just saying.. look I gotta go and meet P for dinner but we'll see you in Jamaica tomorrow afternoon, okay?"

"Okay" we ended the call and I sat there with my thoughts. Jessica was right, I needed to go and see Marcus, talk to him, and try to calm him down the best I could.