SIXTEEN | Hell To Tha Naw Naw

"Oh my god Derek, remember when we almost got caught in the photo booth at the mall?"

"Yes" he said beginning to laugh "and your ass was so damn scared, I was tryna walk away and you kept calling me" he laughed harder.

We both sat there going back and forth about the good times we shared throughout our childhood over dinner and wine. Reminiscing on the things we used to want, and the people we wanted to be. The wine began to set in and the stories just kept flowing.

"You remember the day we lost our virginity?"

I almost choked on the wine I was sipping and began coughing. "Uhh.. Yeah.." we gave each other a look and another episode of laughter escaped us.

"Man that shit wasn't supposed to go like that" he joked.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.. you know you wanted it, no matter how you got it" I joked back. He kissed his teeth and stared hard before smiling again.

"I can't lie man at 15, your body was doing things to a nigga" he said throwing his hands up.

"Whatever.. you coulda had any girl you wanted" I took in my last piece of garlic bread before sitting back in my chair and staring into his eyes, as the room seemed to stop.

"I did have the girl I wanted"

We sat there in silence for a minute, just staring. It wasn't awkward. We just both appreciated the moment, though I knew it could lead to something else that could end up a disaster. It felt amazing being in his aura, in his prescene, just feeling his spirit and not feeling antimosity. I no longer hated him, I yearned for his ways and how he brought out the me I had lost sight of.

"I should.. I should go, it's late.. I gotta work tomorrow" I said standing and collecting the plates.

"You back at Piedmont? Oh shit, check you out" he said handing me his plate.

"Yeah, I needed to get the old me back" I smiled.

"Good.. I'm glad.. I fell in love with the old you.. Old you was bae as fuck"

Again there was silence and intense lustful stares. I had to go before my panties ended up in the floor and my bra on the kitchen counter. The man was a brown skinned god, sitting at a muscular 240 at least, I mean like all muscle, hair just cut perfectly, his goatee was lined up by a god, the earring from high school was still there but only when he was in a casual setting, when it was time for business, he meant business, which only made for a bigger turn on, and he never seemed to wear a shirt, just basketball shorts.

"Well we should do this again sometime.. Okay?" he began walking me to the door.

"Yeah we should" I said reaching for the handle before being pulled back into his grasp. He embraced me wholeheartedly and held me like his life depended on it. His bare skin against my torso made my body shiver. He released me and I smiled awkwardly. "Night" I began walking across the lawn to an empty nest.

***

"Don't call it a comeback, but your girl is back" I said sliding around the reception area in my rolling chair.

"Yeah yeah, you make me sick" Tiffany joked.

I gasped dramatically. "Me??? Why?!" I laughed

"Cus you got that fine ass man sitting home with enough money to keep y'all established for three lifetimes yet here you are at piedmont working a twelve hour shift"

I shrugged, "Piedmont has my heart, I ain't go to school and pay for four years of education to be sitting in a house on my ass" I said taking a chart and heading to my first patient's room.