TWELVE | I Object

A/N: Pictures from the wedding in the MM.

***

"Anna stop moving, stand still" Jessica lectured, trying to fix my hair as it fell over my veil. It was curled perfectly and fell to one side of my face, showcasing my jewelry and flawless makeup. I looked amazing, I looked like a bride but I was tired as hell from the run in with Derrick last night. "All the makeup in the world can't help these bags under your eyes. We told you to get some rest! What happened?!"

"It's a long story that we don't have time to share" I brushed off the conversation as I grabbed my flowers and looked in the mirror one last time.

"Well, regardless you still look beautiful" Patrice smiled to me as she wiped a tear, they both embraced me and held on tight.

"This isn't the end y'all, it's only the beginning" I said through silent sobs.

"It better be, you flew me all the way out here on a eight hour plane ride!" Jessica made us all laugh and pull away.

"Look at you making us all soft" Patrice said to me.

"We all need a little softness in our lives" I told her, wiping my tears carefully trying not to mess up my makeup.

"Anastasia, they're ready for us!" my Uncle Eric came in to tell me, then ducked back out to the hallway where we were to line up.

"Well, I guess this is it" I said with a smile on my face "Let's go" I shooed the girl toward the door making sure they had their flowers.

Standing here waiting for these doors to open, my heart is going a million beats a minute. I was for sure that this was the next step in my life but somehow Derek's words still lingered in the back of my mind from the night before. He had to have done it on purpose, thinking it would stop me from going through with this wedding. It wouldn't work. I am in love with Marcus Moore, and this was my happily ever after. There was nothing left for Derek and I anymore. The doors swung open and I clung even tighter to my uncle.

"Breathe" he whispered to me. I smiled gently as the music began to play and guide my feet down the aisle.

Marcus was astonished. His mouth flew agape at the sight of his bride walking down the aisle, the closer I became, the more he smiled and wiped a tear from his eye. I couldn't hold back mine either. Marcus was my Happily Ever After. He was the fairytale ending to something that seemed to have no ending. When I needed happiness, god put him in my life for a reason. I had no reason to believe that this wasn't the right thing for me to do. Letting me go, my uncle gave me away and Marcus tenderly reached for my hands and kissed the backs of them before smiling to me.

"Hi baby" I whispered.

"Hi beautiful" he responded, making me blush.

"Well, isn't this a lovely day to become one with god! Let us begin shall we?.. Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the unity of Anastasia and Marcus. In the bible, god said.." the preacher began the ceremony, but Marcus and I got lost into each other's eyes. We were in such infatuation that it made my body warm with passion. The world seemed to stop around us as the time began passing. "Now, is there anyone who objects this marriage? Speak now or forever hold your peace" the preacher asked our guest.

I looked around the crowd and saw nothing but loving faces who sat there quietly waiting for the big finish, and just as we were about to start again "WAIT! I object! I object!" Derrick came running down the aisle and toward us. I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. Marcus became annoyed, dropping my hands and facing him.

"You got a lot of nerve coming to crash our damn wedding my nigga. I suggest you let her go because this is all me now!" Marcus barked.

"Nigga fuck you. Look Anna, I didn't realize the mistake I made when I let you go baby, you gotta believe that! I can't let you marry this clown! I'm in love with you" Derek begged.

"Derek stop! I told you already, I'm in love with Marcus! Just leave me alone!" I snapped at him.

"He'll never make love to you like I did.. do you call him daddy like you called me?!" Derek questioned.

Marcus flew toward Derek and tackled him to the ground. Blow after blow caused a crowd around us. Marcus was going in on Derek and Derek was getting a few blows in here and there. I tried to break up the men but they were both too strong. Patrice and Jessica pulled me out of the way. "You're pregnant ass can't be out here in this shit!" Patrice lectured.

Eventually the two were broken up and I burst between them. "Derrick! Whatever we had is gone! I hate you! I can't stand you! You always come back thinking I'm gonna run to you with open arms but now the tables have turned and you want to ruin everything! You've ruined my wedding! You ruined my childhood! You ruined half of my life and I won't let you ruin the rest of it! Go away and stay away! I want nothing to do with you!"

"Anast-"

"Go Derrick!" I had tears streaming down my face, and my body was shaking. I couldn't believe the mess that had just unfolded before me. This was the worst possible thing that could've happened today. Derrick was escorted out of the wedding and Marcus looked to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close. "I'm sorry baby" I said to him.

"It's not your fault beautiful, it's not" he kissed my forehead and the pastor held both of our shoulders.

"Do you want to continue this?" he asked. We looked in each others eyes and nodded yes.

"The devil is around every corner! Let the church say amen!" the crowd responded with an Amen to him. "Let's finish god's work, shall we?" he smiled to us. We rightfully took our place back under the altar, and Marcus reached for my hands, kissing the backs once again.

"So where were we?.. Okay Marcus do you take Anastasia to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Marcus looked to me with passionate eyes " with all of my heart, I do".

"Do you Anastasia, take Marcus to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do"

"By the power vested in me, and the lord our savior Jesus Christ, I now pronounce you husband and wife.. Marcus, you may stake your claim" the pastor joked and moved out of the way as Marcus grabbed my cheeks and brought me in closely, kissing me ever so tenderly, and making me smile into as the crowd cheered behind us.

"I love you Anna"

"I love you more baby"

"I'd like to introduce for the first time ever, Mr. & Mrs. Marcus Moore!"

***

COMMENT & VOTE