Part 16

When her alarm went off the next morning, she woke to find Liam in her bed. She poked him. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

He put a pillow over his head. "Trying to sleep. I don't need to get up early. No rehearsal today."

"No, I meant in my bed?"

"You are my girlfriend. I get to sleep with you. It's in the contract." Liam answered.

"Okay, let's try this again. Why on earth would you want to sleep with someone who let herself be used as an ashtray?" Nicki demanded.

"You are my girlfriend. I gave you my pants. That is an unbreakable contract." Liam said.

That just made Nicki cry. "Why are you so nice to me?"

"Are you going to make me say it again? You are my..."

"No! I get it. I mean, you were nice to me even when I was mean to you." she said. "Why?"

"Well, that's easy to answer. I wanted you to be my girlfriend. Now you are, I get to sleep here. Rules are rules." He smiled at her."Don't cry. Please?" He pulled her close and kissed her softly."I don't care about the past. I mean it. Give me your phone."

Nicki handed over the phone. He grabbed it and sent a text. "Who did you text?"

He handed her the phone.

Nicki: This Liam, Nicki's boyfriend. Nicki is taking the day off to lay around in bed with me so bugger off and do your own dishes.

Harry: Ha! I knew something was going on! You just won me 5 pounds mate. Niall had tomorrow and Lou had yesterday. I'll bugger off now.

Nicki showed him the answer and laughed. "They bet on us?"

"They bet on everything. The once bet on who could kill a fly on the bus. Lou won. He said it would be Paddy." Liam laughed. "Do you believe me now? That I want to be here, with you, no matter what?Nicki bit her lip and nodded. "Good. Show me." He pointed to her thighs.

Nicki sat up and lifted her pajamas up so he could see the tops of her thighs. They were covered it tiny round burn marks. They went down between her legs, too. Then she pulled the top back down so they were covered.

"How many are there?" He asked.

"23." she answered.

"For the love of god! Why didn't you kick him out?" Liam asked.

"I did. Lots of times. He just came back." Nicki said.

"Why didn't you have him arrested?"

"I did. Many times. His dad was on the force. Had to leave because he busted his knee. The other guys feel bad, because it wasn't on the job, so he can't get his full pension. So, they let Matt go. Told me they had no proof."

"Okay, then why didn't you leave? Wait...I know that answer. Your mother. It was her place, right? God, he had you trapped." Liam said.

"Until Batman saved me." she said.

"Ha! Batman got you nearly killed." Liam looked away.

She pulled his face back. "If it wasn't that day, it would have been another day. He had been getting worse. The sicker my mom got, the more violent he became. At least you were there to call the police to help me." She leaned in and kissed him. "You did save me. I'll be forever grateful."

Liam kissed her back. "Is there anything thing else I should know? He beat you, he burned you, he broke your leg. Anything else? Tell me now."

"He broke my arm after we had been together for about 6 months? I grabbed a slice of pizza and he twisted my arm until it broke because it was the last piece and he wanted it. I think that was the beginning of the true violence. Like, he got away with it? So he could do more? Hmmm...I think that's all? No, wait. I have a burn here, she pointed to a scare on her stomach. I left a hot pan on the stove and he burned himself so he burned me back. And I have a scar here." She took his hand and touch it to a mark right near her hairline. "He pushed me and I hit the edge of a table. I needed stitches. That's everything. I swear.

"Okay, so that's all?" Liam asked. Nicki nodded. "So, last night when I was asking you about....things...you were pretending not to know so I wouldn't find out about the burns?" Nicki nodded again. "Okay. Got it." he said. Then he pulled her so she was straddling him and pulled her down for a kiss. Without waiting, he pulled off her pajamas. "I believe this is where we were last night."

"It's too bright in here." Nicki complained.

"I want to see you." Liam said.

"Well, maybe I don't want to see you."

"That's it." he said, rolling her over so he was on top of her kissing, her lips, her face, her ears, her neck. He worked his way to her breasts, touching and kissing them. "Touch me back, Nicki." She reached up and ran her fingers up and down his his back, teasing him by running her fingers under the band of his underpants. He moaned and ran his hands over her sides. Liam took one foot and started to push her legs apart, he settled himself comfortably between her thighs, using one hand to caress her thigh. "Am I hurting you?"

"No." she moaned. She could feel his excitement and moved her hand down to touch him. She started by rubbing him over the cloth, causing him to pant and and bury his face in her hair, between her head and her neck.

He whispered in her ear, "That is amazing." She decided to make it even better by using her hand on his bare skin. With the first touch, he drew in his breath. She wrapped her hand around his throbbing shaft, moving up and down. Liam turned his face to kiss her neck, working his way back up to her lips, kissing her between his moans. "You are going to make me come." he said. That made her move faster and pull his face to her lips, kissing him deeply, swallowing his moans, enjoying giving him this pleasure. She felt him twitch and his hot juices spurt forth. He cried out, breathing heavy before falling off to the side, unable to support his weight.

Nicki smiled to herself and got out of bed. She went into the bathroom, turned on the shower and stood under the hot water. She had forgotten how much fun it was supposed to be, being intimate with another person. For so long it had been something to avoid or fear. She was overcome and had to lean against the wall of the shower and just let herself cry.

Liam knocked on the door and peeked his head around. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

She laughed. "I'm crying because I'm happy. How dumb is that?"

"You are happy?" Liam asked.

"Yes. I had forgotten how it was supposed to feel, being with another person. I'm happy I have that again." Liam walked into the bathroom, dropped his boxers and got into the shower. "Hey!" she said, covering parts of herself that he hadn't yet seen.

"I'm your boyfriend. Showering together is in the contract. Plus, I wanted to see your bare bum." Liam laughed.

Nicki laughed and decided to relax. What did it matter? He knew all of her secrets. She grabbed a washcloth and poured soap on it. She gently cleaned every part of him and then made him kneel down so she could wash his hair. "I didn't know that there was that big of a size difference? Between different men? I mean, I know they aren't all the same, but yours is so much bigger than Matt's." she said.

"Ha! I'm glad, That makes me better in every way." Liam said.

She kissed the top of his head. "You already were. I'm done. You can stand."

Liam nodded and grabbed her waist, pulling her close and kissing every burn mark he could see before standing up. She looked up at him and said, "Thank you." He just nodded and grabbed the shampoo to wash her hair.