Ch. 1

Hey People! This is my first story on here! Feel free to cirtique! It's not the best of all bests. And a picture of Skye on the side

-xXlivingalieXx

__________________________________________________________________

"We're falling apart

and coming together again and again

we're coming apart

but we pull it together

pull it together, together again

don't let me go,

don't let me go,"

The song repeated the last four words a couple more times before it ended and I smiled. I loved Never Say Never by The Fray. To most people it's probably a song about love or not wanting to be broken up with, but for me those words where different. It was my song, my song about not letting myself give in. I know I'm slowly dying at the sad age of 17, and even though I've accepted that, I still have faith that I won't die from this unknown disease.

A tap on my shoulder reeled me out of my music like a fish out of water. Pausing it, I looked up to see my doctor smiling at me. I took at my headphones and followed him into his office. It was like any other hospital room, everything white and chemically. I have sadly grown used to it though.

"So Skye, how have you been feeling," My doctor said as I hopped onto the bed-chair thingy.

"Pretty good, but I still want to shoot Zelda," I said as I swung my legs back and forth. My doctor, Dr. Cross, laughed softly. He was very aware of my obsession with playing Zelda.

"Why don't you stop playing then," He asked and started listening to my heart

I faked gasped at his jokiness, "Stop playing Zelda, have the world come to an end?" I asked wide eyed

He laughed some more and wrote some stuff down on his clip board looking a bit worried. "So what about school, your grades still good?" He asked and used the machine now to get my heart beat.

"Is it legal to shoot your teacher," I asked scrunching up my face

"No, but trust me I think every teenager will be happy if it was," he said smiling and writing more stuff as I pouted. "So anything new"

"I'm joining the school play," I said looking away

"Did I hear right, is little Skye Mays joining a school play," He asked faking a shock, "My oh my, what happened to 'plays are for theater freaks,'"

"I changed my mind," I said as he continued with the exam portion of the appointment. We talked for a while more as he wrote down things on my chart, though something seemed wrong.

"Dr. Kinsey will be in here shortly to finish the rest of your tests," He said smiling at me as he left. Right before the door closed I saw him run his hand through his hair and what looked like his eyes getting watery.

I shrugged it off to a bad day, though it was slightly bothering me. I sat there waiting for Dr. Kinsey to get here. I didn't really like her she rarely had conversations with me and if she did it would be a lecture about how I take care of my heart. I do everything they ask me to so it will stay healthy, but for some reason it just keeps getting worse.

Dr. Kinsey walked in and smiled apologetic at me only to receive a confused look. She rarely smiled at me, much less an apologetic one.

"How are you feeling," she asked her voice more sweet than the normal shape tone

"Umm, I'm ok," I said even more confused.

She nodded and sighed, "Ok onto your appointment, you know what to do."

Her snippy tone was back and I removed my shirt, leaving me in my bra. This was normal, she would check my heart to see if my ribs where still shrinking themselves around my heart. A sympathetic look crossed her face but it quickly disappeared to her normal cold stare. After she was done I put my shirt back on and she wrote things down and left without saying a word.

I sighed and lay down to stare at the ceiling. I heard people talking and put in my headphones wanting to drown everything out. Secrets by One Republic started to play and for some reason the song seemed fitting.

At the end of the song Dr. Cross came in and smiled once more before asking with me to come with him to his office. I walked with him down the hallway till we reached the door that held his name on it.

"Please sit," He said gesturing to the chair across from his desk. I sat and swung my legs even though the soles of my feet where brushing over the ground and they went by.

"So why am I here," I asked nervous, the last time he brought me to his office it was before my last surgery they said would work even though it obviously hasn't

"Skye," he took a deep breath, "there is a possibility you won't live to see your 18th birthday."

My mouth hung open and shock was completely across my face. "But, but there has to be a mistake, I've been doing everything I was supposed to," tears where already falling

"I know but no matter what we do we can stop it," He said looking upset that he couldn't

"So, my hearts gonna end up exploding in my chest because my ribs have squished my lungs together with my heart in between them," I said crying

"To sum it up, unfortunately yes," He looked at me with a face full of pity

I stood up, grabbed my things and walked out. Dr. Cross didn't follow me, he knew better to from past experiences. I was raining outside but I didn't care. I walked straight into the wall of falling water and to the path that led to the parking lot. I was staring as the now brown cement, not looking where I was going and ran into someone. Falling onto my butt I looked up to see what looked like a human god smiling down at me.

"Hi," He said watching me, he seemed amazed

"Hi," I said and started to get up, he saw this and helped me

"Sorry for running into u, I didn't mean to," He said smiling, I left my eyes on the ground. "Hey are you ok," His voice suddenly caring

"Umm, yeah not the best of days," I said and looked at him forcing a smile hoping the rain will hide the fact that I was just crying.

"You want to go somewhere, I might be able to help make your day better," he said then reliesed how much that sounded like a pick up line, "Oh, not like that, I mean you seem upset so I was wondering if you would want to talk about it or something?"

I laughed a real laugh, "Maybe some other time, umm here," I grabbed his arm and brought him under an owning. I took out his phone and had him type his number in, "There so I'll be able to contact you,"

"Can I get your number," He asked

"Nope," I said and putting my phone away

"What about your name," He asked confused

I pointed at the sky and walked away leaving him even more confused than before. I smiled to myself I was in my car forgetting what I was just told by Dr. Cross. I pulled out my phone and went through my contacts looking for the god's name. I got down to the bottom still searching till I found it, Warren. The godly man I just meet was named Warren.