Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Hey beautiful," Warren's voice said disturbing my sleep making me grumble.

"What," I said keeping my eyes closed and snuggling closer.

"You have visitors," He said rubbing my back gently.

I sighed and opened my eyes to see my mom and dad there. I sat up and looked at them strange then remembered what I wanted to talk to them about.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," I said making them the confused ones. "On the night before you left me," They went pale," You were talking about me, what am I," I asked looking them in the eyes as they tried to avoid mine.

They walked over and sat down in the chairs closest to the bed, "Sweetie, you know how mates are only supposed to have children with each other," My mother said playing with her hands

"Yes" I replied watching them wanting an answer

"Well you are not your father's daughter," My mother said and my dad clinched his fists obviously not liking this subject. "Your father is a man named Gunner, he is a rouge."

"What does that mean," I asked looking back and forth between my angry father and my upset mother.

"It means you're not the child of your mothers mate, but someone else," Warren said softly but almost as if he wasn't full here.

"What does that mean though," I asked frustrated, "Why does that have to deal with me dying or me sick or the pain I go through?!" My voice was loud but shaky

"When that happened a mutation is created, something not fully werewolf but not exactly human. They can grow ears, tails, and claws but cannot fully turn." My father said, refusing to look anywhere but the ground not near my mother. "There's one problem though, that causes most of them not to survive."

"What is it," I asked moving closer

"They don't have a heart; their body slowly destroys their heart causing most of them to die in pain. It's where they get their name, Heartless." My Father said finally looking up to look me in the eyes.

"So I'm a heartless," I said, almost to a whisper, to surprised to say it louder.

My parents didn't say anything, just sat there. Both of their heads now where to the ground as if not wanting to see my expression. I looked over at Warren and he looked as if he was thinking about something important

"So you never thought of telling me this before, you just left. You left your responsibility to wake care of your dying kid because you didn't want to risk me finding out?" I asked my voice growing louder, "If you thought that was a good idea at all then you can just leave like you have been my whole entire life. Go back to where ever the hell you were and hide from your problems like you have been for the past couple of years!" I shouted at them tears in eyes and they looked up at me almost surprised that I was angry, "Just go!" I shouted and they got up running out

Tears fell down my face as I watched them leave and Warren pulled me closer to him. He rubbed my back and rocked me back and forth as I cried clinging onto him. The door slowly opened and I tensed not looking at who was coming in.

"What just happened," Jackson asked looking around.

I slowly looked up and saw Jackson, Mable, and Olivia standing there.

"We came to visit and heard screaming and your parent running out," Mable said walking over to the bed, holding Olivia's hand.

"It's nothing," I said shaking my head and ran my hand through my hair.

"What happened to your hair baby," Warren asked taking a stand of it and looking at it

"Olivia cut it off for me," I said and Warren looked up at Olivia with a raised eyebrow

Olivia shrugged and Jackson walked over to Warren, "Alpha there has been some rouge sightings do you want me to form a group and search the perimeters around the hospital?" Jackson asked his face more serious than normal.

"Absolutely, notify me as soon as you can." Warren said, his grip on me tightened.

"Yes Alpha," Jackson said and left.

I looked up at Warren his face serious and worried. "Is everything ok," I asked him worried

"All's good beautiful," He said and smiled at me kissing my forehead

Mable made an awe sound and I stuck my tongue out at her right as someone busted through the door shouting Alpha.

"What is it Christina," Warren asked standing up and walking over to the female werewolf in our pack

They talked in hush whispers quickly until Warren ran out followed by the female wolf.

Mable and Olivia looked between each other, tears filling Mable's eyes.

"What happened?" I asked scared

They looked at me then each other then back to me, "Something happened to Jackson, there was an ambush waiting right outside and they killed him." Olivia said almost a whisper.

I stood up immediately and started to go to the door tears in eyes.

"Skylar where are you going," Mable said trying to pull me back.

I pushed her off me and started to walk, being stopped by the IV and the heart machine. I ripped all the cords out and ran though the hard door, not caring about the sting from the metal. I ran down the hall, my feet pounding against the cold, hard ground. Behind me I could barely hear Mable and Olivia running after me. Cold, smooth blood ran down my arm from where I yanked out the IV leaving a path for anyone to follow.

I ran out the automatic door and saw everything in front of me. Jackson's dead body lying on the ground, a blank stare and pale face. For a second his face flashed to look like Warren's and I fell to the ground sobbing. Rowan cried holding tight to Jacksons hand and Warren and the girl from earlier stood shouting at one another. Mable and Olivia ran out of the hospital door calling my name and Warren turned and saw me, running over and pulling me in his arms, holding me as I sobbed, eyes unable to be taken away from Jackson's dead body, with his face flashing in between his and Warrens.

__________________________________________________________

So you probably hate me, but one thing I have to say is that it was intended from the start what was going to happen. Trust me I was crying while writing this.

If you are confused, please feel free to ask!

Also, now you know what she is too!! For all who can't tell, these things are creatures of my imagination.

Remember comments mean more that votes!!!!

I love you all!!

~Dezy