Ch. 4

Picture of Warren to the side

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

I couldn’t keep my eyes off the spot where he used to be and what was now standing in his spot. My eyes where wide and mouth gaping open. If I kept my mouth open any longer I would have probably gotten flies.

The wolf moved closer to me and I backed up, tripping over my own feet. My butt landed on the ground making the wolf whimper. I backed away from him and hit my back against the tree. The wolf came closer to me looking as if it was worried about me. Part of me wanted to reach out and pet its dark brown fur. I couldn’t help but fall in love with his bright green eyes staring back at me telling me to trust him.

I reached out a slow shaky hand to him and ran my hand down his neck. His fur soft and warm whiles my hands where rough and cold. The wolf pressed against me feeling how cold I was and I held on to him.

After a little while of sitting like that the wolf moved away from me and picked up Warrens clothes. I watched as the wolf went into the dark forest till I couldn’t see him anymore. I looked around becoming cold again and confused. I stood up and walked over to where the wolf used to b and picked up a piece of cloth noticing it was Warren’s shirt. I turned around and started to walk to where I previously was when I heard a rustle behind me. I jumped, turned around and threw Warren’s shirt at whatever it was.

Warren stood there laughing, “Oh no, a shirt whatever shall I do.”

“Shut up, you scared me,” I said crossing my arms, “where did you go, there was this big wolf here and it could have killed me when you were off playing naked boy in the woods.”

That made him laugh at me more and I punched him in the chest telling him to stop it. He held up his hands giving in still smiling.

“Angel I was the wolf,” he said wrapping his arms around me as if the made sense at all

“No you weren’t, the only way that could happen is if you were a werewolf and everyone knows they don’t exist. Come on I’m not five,” I said moving out of his arms and turning around walking back

Warren grabbed my hand and pulled me close, “Skye, I’m not joking,” he said his voice completely serious

“Yeah and I can fly,” I said getting pissed off; “You know I can’t see why you find this humorous. You know play with the sick girl’s feelings and make her believe you’re a werewolf before she dies.”

A look of hurt crossed his face as if he didn’t know why I wasn’t falling for his sick joke.

“You’re sick,” He asked his voice so low I could just barely make out what he said

“Yeah, I’ll be dead in 4 months, don’t act like you don’t know,” I said tuning around and walking in to the forest

I walked for a little while until I heard someone running after me and was pulled into a hug. I tried to get out of the grasp not fully wanting to though.

“I swear to you I’m telling the truth,” He whispered into my ear

I turned back to face him, we were so close our noses where brushing each other and his arm around my waist.

“Prove it to me then,” I said knowing I’m pushing him, knowing I’m getting him agitated

He leaned down and kissed my neck making me role my head back. My body relaxed and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Something about this felt right even though a lot of things just happened.