Ch. 17

• Dedicated to All my fans!

Chapter 17

I felt someone pick me up, I couldn’t tell who. Everything around me was just a tunnel of darkness; the only thing able to be seen was my friend, dead on the ground. Someone was talking, shouting, at someone else. Others were crying and seeking comfort. All of it was just a muffled barrier between me and the real world.

The automatic door closed and the tunnel disappeared. I fell back to reality. My lungs and heart screamed and I gripped onto the person, whoever was holding me, shirt. Looking up I saw Warren, tears where streaming down his cheeks as he barked orders from people and raced down the hall way.

A stream of blood still flew from the place an IV used to be in my arm. I looked around trying to find out where we were going until Warren rushed through a door and laid me on the bed in the empty room. The nurses worked around me as Warren stood there gripping my hand.

Everything slowly started to calm down, the nurses left but Warren stayed. I couldn’t tell if he was upset or angry. Maybe both.

He paced around the room and I reached out to grab his hand, he didn’t see it and only walked past. As he turned again I saw how his eyes were shut tight and how tears where flying down his cheeks.

“W-wa-warren,” I said barley able to get a breath in or out. Pain seared through my chest, I ignored it.

He stopped and slowly opened his eyes, grabbing my hand as soon as he saw it. “Sky, you weren’t supposed to see that,” He says and pulls my hand up to his mouth

“W-wa-warren,” I crooked and his hand tightened.

“Yes,” He asked looking at me. He looked scared and worried.

I slowly moved over and tugged his arm, though it didn’t really move him at all. He took the hint and lay next to me pulling me close. I laid my head against him and he whipped my cheek with his fingers gently.

“You’re crying,” He said holing me tighter

I slowly pulled my hand up to my cheek, feeling the water there. I was crying, and I didn’t even realize it. Then I realized the pain, searing a cross my torso, making me feel as if I can’t breathe. I knew it was there before that point, but only just then did I acknowledge it.

I screamed out and clung to him, tears streaming down my face. Nurses and doctors rushed in to me making Warren get up as I clung to his hand. He tried to push past everyone but they wouldn’t let him. Two nurses pushed him out of the room as his fingers separated from mine. People surrounded me, doing things, trying to help. I couldn’t focus on anything, only the pain, everywhere.

There was yelling and shouting out side, obviously from Warren trying to get back in there. I looked at a nurse, tears still streaming down my face, she was putting a needle into my arm and sort of liquid into my arm, then I was out.

“Pressure pushing down on me

Pressing down on you, no man ask for

Under pressure that burns a building down

Splits a family in two

Puts people on streets

It's the terror of knowing

What this world is about

Watching some good friends

Screaming, "Let me out!"

Tomorrow gets me higher

Pressure on people - people on streets