Ch. 13

Chapter 13

I woke the next morning to someone jumping on top of my sleeping body. Opening my eyes startled, I found Mable on my bed beside me and Olivia standing by the bed post, smiling at her joyful mate.

“You never came to see us after the date,” Mable said accusingly

“Sorry,” I said pulling the blanket around my head

“What happened,” Mable asked concern filling her voice

“No,” I stated moving more, trying to hide myself

“Please tell us, we are your friends,” Mable said putting her hand on my shoulder only to have it shrugged off.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom door, shutting and locking it behind me. I sighed and leaned against the door. Every part of me was screaming out to go find Warren but another part was too scared of what he would say.

I started the water in the shower and slowly got out of my clothes. Once out of my clothes I starred at the mirror showing me my bear skin. Across my chest was scars from surgeries, you could see how small my torso was getting, faster now than it ever has. On my neck was Warren’s mark, proving that I am no one else’s. My legs and arms matched the rest of me, thin and boney. I couldn’t help but think back to the day before, where it was my fault he was mad at me.

I sighed and got into the shower, the opening night was tonight. No matter how crappy I felt, I would not keep this from ruining the play. I slowly washed my hair and body, taking my time knowing Mable and Olivia would still be there when I got out. I made sure my legs where shaved, my hair was thoroughly washed, and that I had no unwanted hairs anywhere. I stayed in the shower even longer after, just sitting letting the warm water rush down me. Once the water finally started to turn cold, I turned off the running water.

The bathroom mirror was fogged over and the room was humid. I stretched feeling more myself than I have in a while. My bones popped and my muscles relaxed making a soft smile cross my face. Before the ground gained a puddle, I dried off the best I could with the towel and put back on the clothes I fell asleep in. Wrapping my in the towel, I stepped out of the bathroom only to trip over Mable.

“Oww, person sitting here,” Mable said and I looked over from where I laid to see Mable rubbing the back of her head sitting directly in front of the door.

“Person walking here,” I said standing up, leaving the towel that unraveled from my hair on the ground.

“She decided to sit there till you got out,” Olivia said walking over and helping Mable up.

Mable stood and wrapped her arms around Olivia dramatically, “Oh baby, it was horrible, she tripped over me and hit my head,” Mable said sounding as dramatic and melodramatic as she could be.

I smiled and laughed softly before turning around and walking to the dresser and closet grabbing a pair of yoga pants and a large baggy shirt. I started to make my way to the bathroom to change but stopped looking at Mable, “This time, don’t sit in front of the door.” I said, finishing my walk to the bathroom and shutting the door.

I changed clothes and blow dried my hair quickly before putting it up in a messy bun. I walked out of the room and a bag was tossed at me. I glared at the two in the room, obvious that it was Mable who threw it from the way she was being glared at by Olivia.

I shook my head and smiled at the two of them, not being able to help the thoughts of Warren passing through my mind. “What’s this,” I asked looking strangely at the bag in my hands.

“We took it upon ourselves to wash your costume and get together thing you will need for tonight,” Olivia said smiling and I nodded a thank you, slinging the bag over my shoulder and grabbing my keys, starting to walk out of the room to my car.