chapter 15: He returns

Here is the new chapter. It's a bit longer than other chapters though.

Enjoy reading!

And yes, feel free to criticize and comment. I would like to improve and also know what you people think about my work.

Love you all...

Thanks to all who have voted and commented so far...
......

Hermione ate her food in silence while she enjoyed the chats of the boys who were talking about kicking Voldemort's arse and all.

She would also laugh and giggle at their jokes but did not speak a word. Her mind would mostly wander off to Draco but she had a faith that he was strong enough to be all right and take care of him.

"We love our mistress Narcissa Malfoy though, she is a great woman" smith said as he talked with the other boys. "Yes, and she has a good interest in our dear dean Thomas" Hermione teased. The other boys catcalled and wolf-whistled.

"Oh my god, Hermione no!" dean cried. The other boys laughed as the saw the blush on dean's face. "Everyone look, he is blushing" smith pointed at him and laughed harder.

"You people are getting it all wrong!" dean said in a louder voice. Hermione laughed at his embarrassment. "Fine, then do tell us, what is the right thing?" smith asked with a grin. All the boys stared at dean's face as he got nervous.

"Well, umm... Narcissa Malfoy... she was, she was a friend of my dad" he started as he tried not to make eye contact with others.

"Was he a wizard, dean?" Hermione asked in confusion. There was a pin drop silence as all the boys and Hermione waited for a definite answer. He watched their eyes which were screaming for answer. He nodded.

Hermione's mouth opened and then she just looked at him with awe. "You are not a muggleborn?" smith asked in a serious tone.

"No, I am not!" he muttered in a lower voice. "Then why are you here?" a brown haired boy asked. "I never knew about my father, it was Narcissa who told me about him. She said she recognized me because I look a bit like my father. She used to have feelings for my father!" he said the last words in the lowest tone. Everyone gaped at him as if he had said something weird.

"Then why didn't Narcissa confront her feelings to your father?" Hermione asked. "I don't know mione. She would not tell. I can't force her now, can i? Moreover, I never got the chance to meet my father in person. I did not even know he was a wizard nor did my mom." he said as his looks changed into a serious one. "Humph, okay" she said.

Everyone was silent and they watched him. Dean shifted in his seat, uncomfortable thinking something deeply.

"Oh, doesn't matter, Mr Thomas has a crush on the Greengrass Lady, right?" smith said breaking the silence. Everyone answered "yeahs and corrects". "Greengrass?" Hermione asked as Astoria's name popped in her head.

"Daphne Greengrass!" dean said as he blushed and a smile appeared on his face. The other boys teased him. Hermione heaved a sigh of relief. "Yes, Miss Greengrass would personally come to the kitchen to meet Mr Thomas" some boy teased. The boys started to shout and tease him while Hermione laughed at his embarrassed face.

"Okay, okay, everyone, stop all this chaos and get started with the cleaning" dean commanded as he stood in his place. His command was followed by some boos.

"Granger, though can return to your chamber, I will handle the things!" dean said as he smiled at her. "That's not fair" some boy said in an annoyed tone. "Shut up, she is not well" dean answered back angrily.