chapter 16: painful memories

Enjoy the new chapter. Thanks for all the votes and comments.

Feel free to criticize my chapters, I won't mind!

Enjoy!

Draco looked at her for a while and then stared at his empty plate. "Draco, say it" Hermione demanded. "It's not so serious" Draco managed to say. "Are you stupid? Did you see how much Luna is wounded and you are saying me it's not serious" Hermione said angrily.

Dean watched the couple with concentration and tried to act invisible to them. "Well..." Draco started. He looked at dean for some help. But dean shrugged his shoulders.
Draco left a sigh as he fixed his gaze on Hermione.

"Mr. Lovegood, Luna's father was arrested few weeks back because he did not stop writing the quibbler as the dark lord had demanded. He said he could not stop himself, because that was his passion. I mean he tried to stop, but he could not. Some death eaters, even tried to attack him but finally he was arrested" he paused and looked at the faces that were still staring at him for the continuation.

"Luna was left lonely after that, but when the death eaters find out about Luna, they kidnapped her. Yaxley, he had a great interest in her. He wanted to marry her" Draco said.

"He, what? Is he out of his mind?" Hermione asked in an annoyed voice. "He did not wish to use imperius on her, so he ordered few death eaters to torture her till she surrenders and accepts his proposal.

"That's absolutely barbaric" Hermione commented. "I will kill yaxley" she said. "I am with you granger!" dean added. Draco nodded at the two gryfiindors in their full Gryffindor mode.

"But what's with your friend, zabini? Since when did he get to be buddies with Luna?" Hermione asked.

"Don't ask me that, mione. I don't know about that. It's not in his nature to be friend with someone like Luna lovegood." Draco said. "Oh okay, so how is he in all this fuss?" she asked.

"Well, Blaise, he got to know about her somehow when he was unable to contact her. So, then he informed me and we went to the yaxley's place and kidnapped her from there!" Draco said and heaved a sigh. Hermione watched him with widened eyes. "You kidnapped her?" she asked. "Yeah" he answered in a confused tone.

There was a silence between the three. "Are they in relationship?" dean asked in an annoyed tone. "Humph" Draco answered in a sadder tone. "Draco, you did a great job. You should go and rest!" she said. "Thanks mione" he said and managed a smile.

Draco looked at the two and nodded. He slowly got up, "are you not coming with me?" he asked. "I will join you soon" she said and smiled. Draco's eyes gazed at dean who stared at him blankly. "Okay" he muttered and walked to his room without further words.

"Draco looks worried!" dean said as he saw the blond man walking lazily up the stairs. "I will ask him. He is just tired I bet."

Hermione said and stared at the table. "Okay then good night!" dean said as he got up. "Night!" Hermione muttered in lower voice. She was lost in thoughts all alone on the table but finally she got up after few minutes and walked to Draco's room.
.....

She opened the door and found Draco sitting on the arm chair watching the flame. His blond hair was shining in the light that emitted from the flame.

Hermione smiled seeing him. But the sad look on his face was making it all look bitter. She wished that she could make everything all right so that Draco could at least smile. She walked to him and kissed his forehead.

He watched the beautiful woman and his expressions softened. He placed a kiss on her lips and gently pulled her to take a seat on his lap. She placed herself on him and encircled her arm around him. They kissed for a moment and then she slowly pulled back. Draco stared at her with confusion written all over his face that almost made her smile.