28. Chasing Thoughts

Harry Edward Styles

After the rather unexpected evening, I stayed over at Louis' for the weekend. I felt that I need to be with him so that he did not go crazy and get drunk. To my surprise, he was calm. He did have plenty of beers but he didn't go crazy.

All he did was evaluate his students assignments and sitting with his laptop watching random videos on Youtube or on social medias.

If I asked him or told him that what he did wasn't very right, he told me something that his first stepfather told him. "When you truly love someone with a true heart, you are ready to sacrifice anything to keep them happy."

With all this, I wasn't sure of how Dani and I could go out often. I feel it would be weird if we continued to date when we, Louis and I aren't communicating with with Callie.

I was waiting outside Dani's University. Days went by and Valentines Day came. Dani wanted a small picnic in a park, and so that was our plan today.

I saw Dani walk towards the car. She walked over to the passenger side, opened the door and seated herself on the seat. She leaned back and placed her bag in the backseat and then looked at me. She leaned in, so did I  and we kissed. One lovely passionate kiss.

"Hey" I greet her after our kiss. "Hi, I missed you." she says as she secured herself with the seat belt. "I missed you too, love." I say and start the car and drive out of the parking spot.

"Liar, you weren't answering my calls." she spoke.

"I was umm..busy. I had work to do." I reply.

"Well, I understand because you and I came to a plan of having a picnic." Dani smiled.

"You're one weird girlfriend, you know." I chuckle and say. "And why do you say that Harry?" she asked.

"Usually, girlfriends want something extraordinary for Valentines Day and you settled down for a simple picnic." I say which made her giggle.

"I can't handle too much of extraordinary. I've got an extraordinary boyfriend who sets the best picnics ever. For me that's enough." she says and placed a kiss on my left cheek.

We continued to have our chat with her telling me about her lectures and professors and how all are reminding them that this is the last year. She also mentioned about a small thesis she had to prepare.

I parked my car along the silent park we were planning spend our early evening together. I knew that taking Dani to Hyde park would not give us any privacy so I settled for this. Dani got out of the car, so did I. I walked to the back of my car and opened the boot of it. I took the cloth for the ground and the picnic basket.

"I'm excited for what's in there!" Dani squealed with happiness which made me smile.

Dani held her hand in mine as we walked into the park. We walked past some trees and reached the center of it. Dani let go of my hand so that I could set the picnic for us.

I unfolded the red and white checked cloth and placed it on the ground. I then placed the basket on one side.

I turned to Dani and offered my right hand, she placed her hand in mine and made her sit on the cloth, I sat next to her.

"Before we get to the meal and all, I have something for you." I say, she nodded her head. I opened the basket and took out a small white bag out. I handed it over to her. I changed the bag so that Dani didn't know what it would be.

"Why would you get me a gift Harry?" she looked at me with soft yet happy eyes.

"Because you need to have one, now open it!" I encourage her to open her present.