35. Tradition, Liam and Starbucks

Calliope Jane Edwards

The days flew by faster than I thought, leaving me with hardly over a week to be a girl.

Families came together this week. I was happy to see Niall, Kathleen, Greg, Denise, Theo and Erin.

My mother made sure that I have the best days of my time that I had left with my family before I went to my new one.

Sitting together at the dinner table and having old tales and secrets spill out. It was fun remembering the days when Sophia and Niall met. We would sit in the backyard and play cards or chase each other. Uncle Bobby and dad would take Dani, Niall, Greg and I for fishing. While they got the big large fishes, the four of us with a shoe, plastic bag, a barely edible tiny fish and some scrap.

Well, that tiny fish was a kind of victory back then.

With everybody home meant only good times and then you have Sophia and Niall who would make you see the other side and just leave you confused.

My weekend sleeps was interrupted with Sophia waking me up for a morning jog and making me drink "natural" vegetables juice which couldn't have been any more sour and bitter.

Paul being my lovely boss gave me my leave from this week onward which made my weekend nightmare to a daily nightmare.

Forget about Sophia for now.

Who knew behind an angelic face lay a very superstitious mind.

Niall Horan and Greg Horan got together and told me that I had to stop my meetings with Jacob.

I've heard a lot about this. Just as I wanted to ignore it, my mother supported my brothers and let me have one final date before my wedding with Jacob.

That's my current position.

Driving to the Jackson Mansion because Villa Marine was occupied by some businessmen.

As I approached the large designed metal gates of my future home, the guards recognises my car and opens the gate.

I greet them both with nod and drive through.

I stopped my car in front of the entrance and one of the valet boys came and opened the door of my car. I hand him my key and I walked to the door.

"Good Afternoon Ms.Edwards. Master Jacob has been expecting you." Benjamin, the dignified butler greeted me with a warm smile.

I walked down the long hallway and climbed the stairs that would lead me to Jacob's study. I walked to the double door and knocked on the door softly.

"Come in." I heard him say.

I turn the knob and open the door just enough to get in.

I saw him sit behind his grand desk, his left hand held the telephone and he continued to speak to the person on the other side.

I walked to the other end of the room and seated myself on one of the couch and waited till he finished his call.

"I've been waiting for your arrival though I'm very sorry to have made you wait." I heard him say as I saw him getting up from his chair.

"It's alright. I'll be getting used to such situations real soon." I say as he walked towards me.

"I never knew you believed in all these traditions of not seeing your fiancé before the wedding." he chuckled and asked as he sat next to me.

"As much as I did want to ignore it, I am half Irish. We're bound to follow our traditions strictly." I smile.

"Yeah, so much that I have to wait till you become a part of my family to be completely mine." he sighed.