Ch-11

Your P.O.V

We had finally reached the road. Now what?

Liza: " I think we drove that way, didn't we? "

: " Yeah, i think. "

So we headed off in that direction, keeping a steady pace. It was taking a long time to get anywhere. My steady pace was not exactly speedy.

I could feel the blood on my side now. Again my vision blurred for the 8th time in the past 5 minutes.

: " Liza? Could we rest for a little bit? "

Liza motioned me to a tree and helped me sit down. We kinda just watch the clouds for a bit. I think i dozed off because the next time i looked around, it was dark with just a few stars out.

Liza whispered to me: " You awake? "

: " Yeah, sorry i must have dozed off. "

Liza stood up, then helped me stand. She looked around, i just tried to keep myself steady. My side was not in the best condition, but i didn't want to slow us down. We started walking again, slow, but steady.

Still walking, it was now almost pitch black out now. I heard the faint sound of an engine.

: " Liza, find cover now! "

We quickly stumbled into the forest a little bit, jumping under a couple bushes for cover. The engine noise was closer now, much closer. It was probably a spots car by the sound of it. I found one thing a bit strange though. We could certainly hear the vehicle, but we couldn't see it. There wasn't any headlights or any lights for that matter.

The car was now right in front of us moving incredibly slow. What i thought next would either save us or sentece us both to death.

 I made a shrill whistle. Liza snapped her head to look at me. Her face clearly saying ' What the heck did you do that for?! ' but the sound of the engine stopped moving. We waited in absolute stillness, not daring to move a muscle.

The outline of the car started to move again. So i let another shrill whistle fill the air. This time the engine was shut off. The only thing you could hear were the crickets chripping away. Then the sound of a car door being shut. We both stained to see movement, to try and figure out if this person was friend or foe.

The outline of a man appeared from behind the car. Because of the dark we couldn't tell any features about the guy. So we still couldn't tell if it was safe to revile ourselves. We sat there watching from our crouched positions. The man looked like he was turning his head back and forth, probably searching for where the whistle came from.

As the man turned around again i remembered our code for emergencys. One short whistle followed by two short shrill whisltes. I gave the code despite Liza's silent protests.

I finished and we waited. We didn't have to wait very long. In just a few seconds he answered back in our code. Two short whistles followed by one short shrill whistle.

Then he said " Tori? Liza? Please tell me it's you two. "

Liza and i could have cried, but we were to busy scrambling out of the brush. We jumped onto Stan, hugging him tight and for some reason, that strange, none emotional man, hugged us back.

Stan: " I am so glad i found you tow. "

Liza started to explain why we were gone so long, but i felt as if something was off.

: " Um...guys? " but i was to late.

A small swoosh sound and a mixed thud/ squish sound went through the air, right after the other. Liza and Stan got into fighting stances. Ten glanced back at me, for i just stood there. I don't think they could see the blood that slipped out of my mouth and dripped off my chin. My knees gave out and i fell to the ground (flat on my face again).

I could hear the gasps from them as my world went black. Someone had used what i guess was a throwing knife and it was sticking out of my side. Right where my other stab wound was. Whether it was luck or on propose, i don't know.

I shut my eyes, just wanting the pain to stop. All i could think was this time i was dead for sure. The last thing i can remember was a piercing scream. After that, i could hear or see anymore.