0.4

Luke's Pov

SHIT. I thought to myself as I quickly jumped up, ready to scurry back down to the basement.

But I was too late.

"LUKE ANTHONY MARK BROOKS, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL HERE" My father shouted at me. I could easily tell he was drunk. Oh no.

I just stared at the floor, but I could feel his eyes burning into me. I didn't reply to his question, in fear I would give the wrong answer.

"Look at me when I talk to you boy!" He shouted through gritted teeth, but not as loud this time.

He repeated his actions from earlier and firmly grabbed my cheeks, forcing me to stare into his eyes. Though, this time he instantly released me as he saw Amanda stirring from the sofa.

He ushered for Lisa ,who had been standing behind him the whole time, to take her upstairs.

Reluctantly, she agreed, but only to protect Amanda. If it was just me, my father and Lisa living here I know she would stick up for me. I know this, because she used to.

Before Amanda was born, I had half the beatings, because Lisa would try to calm my father down. Sometimes this resulted in her getting hit, yet she would always try to protect me, like I was her own.

As soon as Amanda came along, Lisa stopped helping me, she couldn't risk Amanda or her safety any longer.

So now it was just me, A weak, scrawny little teenager, covered in scars, face to face, with my father, A strong man with a ruthless attitude, that could hurt anyone or anything, regardless if they mean anything to him or not.

I knew I was going to die. In my head, I was praying for help, that I knew wouldn't come.

With me still staring into his black eyes my father continued, "I kept my promise lukey"

He shot me an evil glare and smirked.

"Before I left, I said "If you are not down in the basement by eleven there will be consequences" and here you are, still sat on MY sofa at 11:10" he grinned at himself, probably at the thought of hurting me.

He then took a stride towards me, so he was now only about 2 inches away from me. He gestured for me to get up and I obeyed his command.

We stood there in silence for about thirty seconds, I could feel his eyes burn into me as I stared at the floor nervously waiting for him to say something.

I finally built up the courage to look up and was greeted by my fathers sick, twisted smile.

Before I knew it his hands were around my neck as he rammed me against the wall.

I hissed out in pain but he continued.

"THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE. YOU ARE NOT WANTED, I SHOULD JUST FINISH YOU NOW WHILST I CAN"
My father screamed in my face as he started to forcefully push my head against the wall, causing the whole room to rattle.

At that moment I was hoping that he would kill me, then I wouldn't have to go through anymore years of pain.

If I died today, no one would know, no one would care and no one would miss me, that's for sure. I'm just a burden. If it wasn't for me, my father would be able to live a happy life, with the family he actually wanted and loves.

In all truth, I would be happy to die today. No more pain, no more suffering, but most importantly, no father. Yet, I can't even be granted the wish of death.

My head was pounding as my father moved down, giving me a few blows to the stomach. I crippled in pain, as my lifeless body fell to the floor.

As much as I wanted to get up and fight back I couldn't, I didn't have the strength. I didn't even have the strength to ask him to stop.

My father was now towering over me staring at the beaten mess I had become. He sniggered at me, before exiting the room and going into the kitchen.

I sighed in relief, as I thought that it was over. I thought that he had now retreated back to the pub, like he did after all of my beatings. I couldn't be more wrong.

Just moments later he returned, looking more evil than ever.

His eyes had turned jet black and his face held the most twisted smile I had ever seen.

"Don't worry Lukey I didn't forget about you" he came close and whispered into my ear.

His voice sent shivers down my spine, as I tried to regain my breath.

Every breath I took hurt me terribly and I was ready to give up, but somehow I felt like I couldn't. I hadn't gone through a life of horrible pain and torture to give up that easily, so I kept fighting.

"I've got a special little surprise for you" he continued, as he pulled his right arm from behind him, revealing my worst nightmare.

-----------------------
So, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone reading this, it has over 200 reads!! That's crazy! I couldn't thank you guys enough for voting and commenting and I hope you are all enjoying it so far.
Thank you, byee : )