Dreadful Snow Saves Us

So, yes, the wheat in the well lit alley of fluffy bunnies and rainbows. Frank and I saw Ryan go inside a door while we were just entering the alley.

Frank looked at the door Ryan went through and took a couple steps forward. I did the same, but came up short a few steps. I tried to keep going, but something scratchy was wrapped around my legs. I looked down and shrieked, somehow dead looking grass coiled around my ankles.

Frank's eyes widened as he whispered something about Alaska. Lunging at my ankles, he tried to tear the grass off. Finally he did, but more grass came out. He yelled at the grass, "Get away, Wheat!" then said more softly to me "get your weapon out, now." When I didn't he told me to get it out again.

"I can't." I whispered

He shot an arrow at the grass, or as he called them wheat, and glared at me "why not? We need to get away from these guys. And beat them. Or kill them. Or something"

"I never got a weapon..."

He launched an arrow but it went way off when I said that. "Why don't you have a weapon? That was suppose to be taken care of when you got there!"

I curled my nose up at his tone, "Because... I don't know"

He sighed as he shot another arrow, "we'll get you one. I promise."

I bit my lip thinking how right now I was pretty much dead weight. In my slow mind thinking process, I was soon slammed up against a brick wall by one of the little Demon Grasses. Well, Wheat, but whatever. So, yeah, I screamed, in pain. So sue me. Frank couldn't really shoot at the grass, it'll hit me as it goes through the grass. Stuck in a rut.

Frank kept fighting, looking back at me once in a while to make sure I was ok still. The sickly little growths growing up higher to my waist. The last time Frank looked back at me, he was thrown against the brick also. He yelped as he hit his head, then slid down, unconscious. The wheat ganged up on me once they knew Frank was out. "well, well, well. Look now, her Little Precious turned all good and now is about to die."

"Me? Someone's precious? Please." I retorted. Then I was lashed by the 'vines' of the grass.

"You are a pawn. Speak only when spoked to." one of them growled. Wow, my life really took a turn. I'm listening to grass now. I resisted the urge to wipe away the liquid feel running down my cheek. No doubt the stupid lash left a scab.

Another patch of grass giggled, "Can't we just kill them?"

I tightly shut my eyes, waiting for the killing blow. Cracking and popping filled my ears instead. Some type of chant maybe? I dropped to the ground.

"Heh. Not my watch, you ain't killin' nobody." said a girly voice. Then she giggled, "come on, I'll help you up"

I ignored her out stretched hand as I stood up, pushing my hair back. I looked at her. She had kinda poofy chocolate brown hair and kind hot cocoa eyes. She smiled a white smile. She looked about my age, 14 or 15.

"You're lucky I came then, you were about to some fertilizer for the wheat. I've been getting hit up by them a lot lately. Who's your friend?"

I glanced over at the unconscious Frank. "hmph." I crossed my arms, "no one you need to be concerned with. Thank you for helping us, you can leave."

She smiled again as she set her chin in her palm, "oh I'm not leaving. I feel like I'm suppose to be here. Something's here that I need to help with. And you are here. So I'm sticking to ya. My name is December. Your's?"

My eye twitched as I looked at her "January. January Frost. How did you help us?"

She giggled more, spreading her fingers apart, ice stretched down her body and to me.

I squealed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"What? It's just ice." she gave me a 'aww, someone scared of ice' look.

I breathed heavily as I stared at her. She looked a lot like the woman in my dream, but nicer. But holy pooperines, cold. Just. Cold.

I pronounced the words slowly for her. "I. Hate. Snow."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So? Ya'll like it? If you do, comment. Vote. Maybe even check out my other stories. and I'm also MaySmoothieBeWithYou, check me out there. Any suggestions, message me. Also. Check out katarakilbourne's things, they're amazing.