The boy in the park

8 year old annabeth, still on the run blah blah don't own this shicst blah blah

Annabeth POV
Annabeth was sitting on a park bench with Luke while Thalia was inside of the gas station nearby retrieving food. She had been reading a book a nice lady gave to her. Luke said we shouldn't trust her, and that she was obviously a monster trying to fool me so, I took the book and we ran.

Luke was sitting next to me tapping his foot impatiently waiting for Thalia to come out. I didn't understand why. It's not like there's a hoard of monsters waiting for her inside.

I hadn't been paying much attention to my book since, it was a children's book. Yes, I know I am a child but I read these books around the time I was 3 or 4.

The book was called Nemo's adventures.

I hadn't watched that movie in so long. I miss my cartoons but back at my father's house, it wasn't worth it. I would rather be here with my real family rereading a book I read when I was extremely young.

I was thinking about how much a I longed for a bigger book when a boy came up to me.

"Hi!" He said. He had black hair and sea green eyes.

"Hi," I replied. Luke started to reach for where his sword was.

"DUDE! COOL YOUR BROTHER HAS A SWORD!!" He shouted. "Wanna come play with me? Momma says I should always make friends,"

"Um," I looked to Luke for approval. He slowly nodded. "Okay."

We walked over to the swings.

"So, do you like Nemo?" The boy said.

"Hmm?"

"Nemo, you were reading a nemo book."

"Oh yea, a nice lady gave me the book. I haven't read it for a long time or seen the movie for a while."

"Oh, well that stinks! Nemo is the awesomest thing ever!!!"

I laughed. He seemed genuinely excited about a simple animated character created by ordinary people.

We swing on the swings in silence for a moment than, he says. "Why can't you see the movie?"

"Well I've gotten myself into quiet a predicament at my home just because of who my mother is."

He looks at me confused. I really don't want to explain my whole life story to him. Just when I think I am going to have to, he says, "What does pridikaminat (suppose to be misspelled he says it funky cause he doesn't know what the word means) mean?"

"Predicament- a difficult, unpleasant, or embarrassing situation."

"Woah! Your like a walking dictionary!"
I nod proud to be called intelligent.

"Yea, especially compared to you!" I giggle.

"What! I'm like a genius!" He says standing on the swing with his hands in the air.

"Your so dumb it's like your brain is filled with seaweed!" I tease. He is about to make a come-back when Luke walks up.

"Thalia got the food, we gotta go," he looks at the little boy with his handle still on his sword.

"Okay, hey by the way, I never asked you, what's your name? Mines Annabeth."

"Percy! Maybe we can play in the park again or see each other again sometime on a play date?"

Unlikely but, I don't wanna shoot this kid down. "Okay! Maybe we will see each other again!" I smile.

As we walk away I mumble to myself
"Although more likely maybe not, there still is a tiny probability of it."

I guess that small probability worked out, even if I didn't know it did.

------------
Potatoes.

Anyways, how did it feel to be reminded that Luke is no longer with us?

:D