This is a pen, dad.

Percabeth's son, Charlie's 4th birthday. Silena is six

Charlie POV
Tomorrow was my birthday and I was so excited! I had read all the details about my party over and over again.

Jasper or Jass, (pronounced Jess,) as she preferred, Silena my older sister, and a bunch of other demigods/legacies were coming to the party!

It was passed my bed time but, I went downstairs to see if I could find out what mom and dad got me.

"Wise girl! He is a genius! I am pretty sure he can handle a sword! He's smarter than me!"

"Percy, it's not that hard to be smarter than you,"

"Annabeth, c'mon! It was made by my dad himself! I'm sure there is some safety proof or something on it!"

"Fine, he can have the stupid sword."

"Yes!"

I crept back up to my room. Cool! A sword! Does this mean mommy and daddy would let me fight monsters? I had always only gotten to watch mommy and daddy fight the monsters or hear tales of their adventures. Maybe I could fight a real life monster!

The next day.
I ran downstairs to the smell of pancakes.

"Pancakes! Are they blue mommy?" I ran up to mommy. She was the only one in the kitchen and she was cooking pancakes.

"Yes honey!"

"Where's daddy?"

"Here I am!" Dad came from around the corner and hugged me and picked me up. He was covered in flour.

"Why are you covered in flour?"

"Because someone tried, to make pancakes. Keyword tried." Momma said.

"Hey! My pancakes turned out pretty good!"

"Yeah, if Charlie wants to eat charcoal pancakes."

"Hey! Anyways, happy birthday Charlie! I can't believe you are already four!"

Just then, Silena came out of her room. "You guys were making pancakes and no one told me?!"

We all laughed.

Party time
It was time for the party and all the guests had arrived. We ate blue cake and finally, it was time to open gifts.

Everyone got me generic gifts. But, finally it was time for mommy and daddy's gift. I unwrapped the paper to find a pen with an owl and Charlie engraved on it.

Dad walked up to me. I looked at him straight in the eye and said, "Dad, this is a pen."

"Yep" he said smugly. "Uncap it."

I uncapped the pen and out came a sword. "Woah cool!"

"It's just like mine."

After that we continued partying. Later on Silena walked up to me and whispered in my ear, " I won't tell mom and dad you found out about their gift and stayed up past your bedtime if you do my chores for a month."

So, that was the story of how my best birthday ever ended with me getting the gift of chores! Yay! Not!

-----
Sorry it was short!

I had to stop while writing this and just have happy feels. It was cute.