Chapter 1 : The gutsy ninja in Konohagakure

The picture above shows the symbol that marks Aira as a Tenkabito(a person connected to heaven).

"Jou-chan~, are you alright?"

Aira woke up to a canopy of lush green trees and...no one other than an unknown man who woke her up. Dressed in what seemed like grey hand-me-down short kimono and plain sandals, she looked nothing like her former self - and definitely not a new-born baby.

'I...am already a child? Wasn't I supposed to reincarnate? Why does this feel more like a possession?' Ignoring the person calling out to her, she rummaged the bag next to her for something to identify herself and found a bunch of messily clumped paper that turned out to be exactly what she needed - identity papers.

'Kuze...Minami?' Aira read the permit.

In the photo was a small but chubby 13 yr old little girl with soft brown eyes and black hair. Dressed in soft cloth and hair pinned up neatly, she seemed to be from a middle-class family that did not struggle for the basic necessities - food, clothing and shelter

"Jou-chan?"

"Ah...yes I'm fine."

As they talked, Aira identified him as Mori Kisuke, a member of a merchant caravan who found her unconscious. It seems upon seeing a helpless child lying unconscious in the middle of nowhere, he and his wife had agreed to take her to a safe place in their caravan.

With not too much of practical knowledge about this world, Aira decided to move to the only safe place she knew - Konoha Village. The Ninja Village headed by Sarutobi Hiruzen - the kind old man very clearly portrayed as someone kind to people in bad situations.

An entire four days travel, she felt nauseous and dizzy. For most part of the journey, she was asleep and barely managed to wake up with difficulty when the man's wife shook her awake outside Konoha's gates.

"This girl is your child?"

"Um...this girl is also..."

At the Konoha gates, Aira could hear the man explaining something to Izumo and Kotetsu. The two looked clearly looked uncomfortable but then agreed to let her in. Waiting till the couple and the other members of the family to finish their business, she sat in the nearby garden, taking in the sights.

'I'm really in Konohagakure...'

But her moment in awe was interrupted by someone who shook her heavily.

"M-Miss! Kuze-chan, H-Here!" Izumo whispered hurriedly and motion her to follow him.

"Yes? Is something the matter? I'll inform Mori-san, he asked me to wait-"

"N-No! We must not be caught! For now, the admin team wants to meet you!"

Seeing as she had no idea what to do, he suddenly lifted her rushed to the admin office. Steadying her vision from the very first speed-step travel experience, Aira looked around to find everyone looking at her curiously.

'So this is the girl that man was trying to sell?'

'Slavery isn't banned in other villages, if we refuse then, she might be sold elsewhere'

Inside the Admin office, Aira felt the blood drain off her face when she heard the whispers all around her. "W-Wait...what slave? I am not a slave!"

Izumo patted her head softly while he explained. "The papers state that you are Kuze Minami - sold to Mori Kisuke six years ago."

"Slave! But I just woke up a week ago and Mori-san agreed to bring me to Konohagakure. B-Besides I-I'm...not Kuze Minami! I am Ryuugamine Aira!"

Kuze Minami was Mori Kisuke's merchandise. If she denied being Kuze Minami, her identity will be questioned and Konoha may decide to not help her. But she didn't want to hold on to Minami's Identity.