Chapter 26 : An ally from the same world

Aira P.O.V

I was yet again decked in a magnificent Kimono. Even though I am one of the upper class members of Sunagakure(the bride to the Kazekage clan), this kind of luxury was unseen. And yet, the Land of Wind was affluent enough to afford this for a performer.I was dressed up to be a shirabyoshi a.k.a imperial court dancer.

I tied my hair and looked in the mirror. I was...beautiful. Though this was more likely because of the gorgeous dress and the make up the attendants applied...my features were mediocre at best. One thing that irritated me was that the skirt of the kimono. It was too short and came only up to my thigh. I hated this kind of outfit. What kind of talk were they expecting me to have with Nobunaga? Even if I was mentally 19 yrs old...bodily I was only 15!

My heart raced as I thought about what was going to happen. I had my suspicions when I heard that the prince of the Land of Iron had adopted a man whose name was Nobunaga but...

Who would have thought that he was 'the' Oda Nobunaga from my world. To think I would meet the demon Lord in a place like this. It made things convenient and inconvenient at the same time. True I knew exactly what his interests are and what he expects...but I also knew that it would be too hard to out smart him.

Gaara and Kakeru were going to talk to the Daimyo. Gaara...doesn't have much of experience in liasoning since he was never allowed to attend the council before I changed all that. Kakeru had the kind of instincts to present the information to the other party in such a manner that they would receive even insults with a happy face. This would serve as a good training session for Gaara. He will need it if he intends to change his title from 'proxy' to actual Kazekage.

My heart hammered against my chest. Even if I was bodily 15...it doesn't mean I'm fine with entering the room of an unmarried adult. Besides...I need to make sure that I don't get carried away into Nobunaga's pace.

"Ah...just as I thought, that dress looks marvelous on the Ouka."

Wait...that meant that this dress was picked out by Nobunaga? The maid who guided me to his room smiled and closed the door behind me. I looked at the door with an incredulous expression. The maid's expression...it clearly said 'your boyfriend is so caring'. He...is not my boyfriend!

Nobunaga: What is better that flower gazing with a flower beside me?

Ah...of course. Flower gazing. Land of Wind wasn't completely a desert. Here, the cherry blossoms were beginning to bloom. It might be too early for flower gazing but the buds symbolized 'beginning'. Knowing Nobunaga, he was suggesting something.

Aira: It is a pleasure even for a 'child' like me to spend time with such a famous personality.

Nobunaga: Even if I'm not so famous in this world?

I chuckled slightly as I poured the sake in his cup. I was right. He reacted to the words 'gun' and 'fool' during my performance. He has all the memories of old world. There was no doubt about it.

Aira: Of course...after all as long as one has a sound mind, power, fame and luxury are bound to follow.

Nobunaga: I take it you remember everything from your past?

Aira: I do. I come from the time period centuries after your death at the Honnoji temple...

I paused after the last sentence. Would he take offense at me mentioning his death so casually? He didn't. He just pulled me closer to him and softly kissed my forehead. The shock sent shivers down my spine.

What on earth was this man doing?

Nobunaga : Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness.