Chapter 5 : An unexpected development

When her consciousness stirred, the first thing she saw was the blank white ceiling of the hospital room.

"Aira, you are awake."

Turning towards her visitors, she saw an expected and an unexpected face. The expected one was the Matron Meiko-san, who she vaguely remembered trying to wake her up. The unexpected one was Yomaura Eisen. He sat in the corner of the room, his eyes unmoving from the book in his hand, but she could feel his attention was on her.

"Ah Meiko-san, Eisen-sensei." Aira replied awkwardly. "Sorry for the inconvenience."

'Barely a few months and I'm back here.' Aira sighed.

The matron, looking close to tears, tried to ask her what happened but Aira was at a loss for words, still shaken from the event. She could just barely understand what happened herself, not to mention, she did not want to incur heavenly wrath again.

After a few words of comfort, the Matron left the room, leaving behind a few yellow flowers in the vase and a castella cake.

One the Matron left, an uncomfortable silence stretched in the room.

"Sensei, do you need something?" Aira finally asked, unable to bear the silence. Especially since she had never enjoyed a conversation with Eisen.

Closing the book, he turned his chair towards.

"I am correct in assuming you don't know who attacked you yesterday?" He said abruptly.

'Wait, they think someone attacked me?'

Given the words she heard before losing consciousness, last night's event was probably the heavens warning her not to abuse her knowledge. After all, it made no sense to others if she just happens to know things.

Unable to refute without stepping into divine knowledge territory again, Aira couldn't correct their misunderstanding. No, it was better if the misunderstanding was turned into the truth.

"Yes. I talked to Iruka-sensei who asked me about Naruto-kun and then – I just remember searing pain."

After another pause of silence, Eisen spoke up. "Some jonins will be inquiring about the incident. There are two points being focused on. One : Uzumaki Naruto was hoodwinked into stealing an important document. Two : You, who happened to have seen the perpetrator who hoodwinked Uzumaki Naruto, were attacked right after you informed Umino Iruka."

Aira thought back on his words, a sense of incredulity flowing over her.

The fact that Eisen told her, someone who is being inquired, about the case...does that mean she was just considered as a witness who happened to have come to the wrong spot at the wrong time. That they trust her?

"So I just have to recount when I saw Naruto-kun with Iruka-sensei and what I told Iruka-sensei?" Aira asked.

"Yes. As for your Genin team placement, we shall it discuss after the inquiry."

.

.

.

"Ryuugamine Aira, why did you suggest searching in the West Forest Area?"

One could agree that the world of Naruto was better to transmigrate into as opposed to...say Attack on Titan or Tokyo Ghoul but the teensiest sense of security she felt had disappeared in her current dilemma.

Sitting uncomfortably in the chair, Aira tried her best to ignore the urge to fiddle with her nails. 'Which part of this is inquiry on the two points!'