Chapter 17 : Cloudy Skies

"Kakashi, care to explain?"

After moving Aira to the hospital where the seal was used to hide the nature of her injuries, Kakashi and Hayate returned to Kakashi's house.

Seeing the discussion notes, Hayate immediately identified them as the 'task' that Aira was carrying out. They had collected all this within a day?

Aira had been admitted with a stab wound and a broken leg. They were both healed by medical ninjutsu and so she was able to move around - but does that mean that she push herself and move all around the village, specifically the more dangerous areas? 

"...regarding the flaring up of her seal, I don't know what triggered it. " Kakashi said softly.

Even as a ninja who had seen life and death, seeing a comrade, a child no less, suddenly getting tortured horribly was not easy on him either.

"I see. And based on Hokage-sama's permission, you thought it was a great idea to bring her everywhere?" Hayate's words were half a sneer, he didn't hate Kakashi. But how was one to calmly place the village's interests over his own student?

Seeing no other way around, Kakashi decided to take a gamble.

"Hayate, Hokage-sama's guess was right. Aira's assumption seems to be on the right track, and if it really is, then it is a matter of Konoha's existence." 

Saying so, Kakashi painstakingly explained all that they had found so far. The existence of two parties : Orochimaru and Sunagakure. The consequences of the two possibilities - specifically if Orochimaru was in collusion with Sunagakure.

"...and right now she wants the focus to be on the Fourth Kazekage Rasa?"

"Yes. Her seal flared up before she could complete the sentence." Kakashi still felt cold when he thought back to the scene. Was it really just a slave contract?

"In that case, we can investigate Rasa." Hayate said without any honorifics for the Fourth Kazekaage as he put on a familiar mask. "You're not expecting to sleep tonight, right? Fellow Former ANBU captain, HOUND ."  

* * * * *

As the rays of morning sun spilled into the room, they seemed to clear away the last vestiges of the dark night.

"I..." Aira shook her head to clear her thoughts.

She had just gotten out of hospital and she was injured. Again.

In the midst of the agonizing pain that she felt the night before, there was one thing she realized instinctively. Making changes to the timeline is alright, but giving the people of this world information based on the knowledge from Narutoverse.

She was back in a hospital room, a dimmer and smaller one that the one she stayed at before. Were they fed up of sponsoring her medical fees? She dryly laughed.

There was a note on the side table for her. 'Take rest. Don't leave the house until I come back.'

It had nothing else written on it but Aira sighed in relief as she sank back into the pillows. This was actually a good thing for her.

Looking at her shivering fingers, Aira bit her lip in frustration.

She was afraid. 

Did she feel that as Tenkabito she had heavenly protection?

Possibly, last night's pain was punishment for revealing knowledge carelessly. After all, wouldn't it be too convenient if she could just say whatever she wanted and then just claim she was a clairvoyant?