Chapter One: Awaken Dream

It was night when I woke up again. It's almost been a year since I've been dreaming of things that seemed didn't happen. This is getting worse, it's like it's telling me something. I just want this nightmare to be over. And also, tomorrow is my birthday.

Chapter One: Awaken Dream

I am Dhale, second year student, and I've been dreaming of people I don't even know. I went down stairs and I see my family is kind of busy. I wonder what they prepared for me tomorrow. I want to go and see for myself. They say it was just a surprise. I went to school and as usual and my cousin is always accompanying me on going, another boring day. It feels like it's always the same. The good thing is that I might just consider on changing school during school days. I'm not really being noticed in our grounds. Over there, I am just a no body. School is dismissed and my cousin is waiting at the gate. While I was walking home, I see the same people always on the same group. They were invited but why was I not. I am the only one uninvited. I had enough, enough of being lonely, enough of being unwanted, enough of being a no body. I decided to talk about my reputation in school. In a sudden, I felt something strange; my vision was blacked out for a while. The continuation of my dream is happening right before my eyes. I've finally woke up from my horrible dream. It's almost sun down and I'm still at the streets so I rushed on going home. When I came, dad was standing at the door.

"You are passed your curfew, I told you to go home before six at dusk." dad said strictly.

"He passed out while we were walking" cousin interrupted.

"May I make a request?" I bowed my head... "It's about..."

"Can't this wait until tomorrow?" He put a smile. "Besides... it's your birthday tomorrow."

"It's about school."

"Okay, go on." His smile became small. As I tell him what is happening, I took a deep breath.

"I haven't been notice lately; I am tired of everyone ignoring me. They never invite me to their group, they never even speak to me, it's like I am just a ghost at school. I was wondering if I could change to a new academy, to get a fresh start, to get new friends, to experience something new."

He grabbed my arms. "You can't! You will stay on the same school!" he shouted...

He released his grip and began to cool down. "I'm sorry... I'm just stressed from the work. Just go run along." His face turned down and we went to eat dinner.

We sat down and started eating. The dish for tonight is beef and broccoli, the same food every Thursday. It's just us two in the dining room.

"Do you think that dad's ok?" I asked.

"I believe that he is just stressed, that's all. Just eat that and go to sleep" He replied. "By the way, why did you collapsed over there?"

I suddenly remembered what my vision is shown. I was inserted into a chamber, in fear that I would never wake up. "That was nothing. I was just dizzy."

I went up stairs and lay down on my bed. I don't want to sleep because this might get worse. From the incident that happened to me earlier, I don't think I'll ever wake up again, especially if it's my birthday tomorrow. But I know that I need to so I closed my eyes slowly, hoping to wake up again tomorrow. I'm still dreaming... I walk to the door and went near to the hand drain. I saw everyone talking to each other. What are they whispering? Should I go nearer? As I go down one step at a time, my heart pounds harder. I still can't hear what they are saying. A crack was heard at the 11th step of the stairs. They all stared at me, stared at me like I was a stranger. The environment suddenly turned red, I ran up stairs afraid and worried. I closed the door and locked the door knob. I went under the bed and used a box to cover the other parts of my body. The door was unlocked and me wishing that I would just wake up. Wake up! WAKE UP! The alarm clock ringed and I was awake.