Chapter Eight: Ancient Grounds

Gen has awakened from her vision and I dashed to Veil and knocked him out. Gen looked at me and I lowered my hand to pull her up. She was so happy that we were still alive that she held me tight and continuous tears have fallen from her face to my awesome cloak.

Chapter Eight: Ancient Grounds

"What happened, why didn't I hear any shooting?" She let her grip down.

"I fought them before I could get here. I believe that it's time for you to do some explanation."

"Early this morning..." She made a flashback story. "You were still sleeping and we decided to keep you that way until you want to wake up. We had a meeting created by Veil, he gathered everyone excluding you. He told us that the real Snicx is still being held by Felisha and you are the fake. He said that you are a spy so she could get some intellect about the organization. At first, Pete disagrees, he trusted you on being innocent but Veil wants you dead. John thinks hard and decided to interrogate you first before killing you or letting you live." She stopped the flashback. "Just a question though, what did you see in your dreams?" she asked.

"It's about Elrick and my dad. I didn't know that Elrick was my dad's... best friend." As I told her, she was astonished. "Elrick was only doing it to cure his wife, Revene, who was infected by an Arcanade. Elrick didn't kill our parents... it was all Felisha's doing. I went here because my instincts tell me to go here, where the sources of the Arcanades are coming from, is a cave at Oblivion Island. That's where my dad lost his trust to Elrick, that's where Elrick betrayed them. But I need him alive, I need some answers, he's the best one who knows my parents. I ask you that if you found him, please don't kill him."

"I understand, I won't get in your way, I will come with you." Gen told me with a smile.

"You should come back before the organization caught us talking, then you will also be hunted."

Gen punched me on the arm. "That's stupid, I'm your friend, just tell me the way and I'll follow you. We will find a way to clear your name and stop hunting you. Over there, we are enemies, but here, we are friends. Got it?" Gen shouted like she's nagging. "Let's go!" She started walking.

"Suit yourself." I say. "The cave is that way." I pointed.

Gen went to the way I pointed and started walking there. "That way, I just picked up my weapon."

We started walking. "Sure you did, and I am not being sarcastic. No really, you are right."

While we were walking, I told her my story about my dream. Back at the organization, John contacts the Philippine branch to warn about me being hunted.

"This is John... I just need to tell you that if Snicx has got there, arrest him and kill him if necessary. I'm sending Veil there for assistance, I'm sure that they will go there." John requested.

"But Veil got here already before Snicx does... they are already at Oblivion Island." The officer says.

"What!" with a fright on his face. "Go to Oblivion Island and get him!" He banged the phone to the floor and sat down angrily. "What is Veil even doing there? I thought I told him to check the whole city before I order him to go there. Is he hiding something? I can still trust him." He speaks to himself.

Later on, Veil finally woke up from the ground. He looked around and saw that we are gone. He saw our footsteps and noticed that we are going to the cave. He picked his weapon up and started following our steps. We've finally got there and we began panting from walking a very long distance. How does my father do it in my dream without getting tired? Anyways, the cave is blocked by rocks so we can't go in. I remembered that Felisha destroyed the place when my father fought an Arcanade using an axe.