Chapter Nine: Labyrinth Wonders

It was raining when a raid of Arcanades hunt a person from stealing something. That girl fought valiantly just to get that object and escape with her life. She was alone and yet, she is still alive. Arcanades are swarming the place and she prepared a defense stance.

Chapter Nine: Labyrinth Wonders

"What are you saying? Snicx and my parents died from your attacks on our base. How could you say that my mother died on the Surbasian Raid? She wasn't even part of it." Gen asked.

"Yes, you are right. " Elrick bowed his head. "But your mother survived and escaped from the base before she saved me and for that... I owe her my life."

"What do you mean saved?" she asked.

"On the day that we attacked the organization, we have..." before he could finish, we heard a crack.

"Wait, does anyone hear that? It's like something is moving." I say.

A creaking sound from the top started to work and sharp spikes fell all over the place. They all ran away from the spikes and eventually they got separated. The doors closed down and they went to other paths. On the good side, I and Gen are not separated but Elrick hasn't told her on where he got the weapon. We slowly stood up and looked at each other.

"I guess someone doesn't want us roaming around here." I say.

"You haven't noticed that?" She says ironically. She went to the closed door. "Elrick, are you alright?"

"Yes, I don't think we can move this door, there's a passage here... we don't have a choice but to keep moving forward. Look out for each other and don't die." He says from the other side.

"What is so special about this place?" I asked.

"I don't know, but know this. The place once was a source of Arcanades, I guess they were protecting something, but how did the Arcanades get so smart to build these traps?"

"Let's just keep going and see what's prepared for us and we'll talk about the weapon later." Gen says.

/