Stuck in the Rain

(Espeon's P.O.V.)

I don't need that stupid trainer.

Most pokemon are wild anyway. It's not like I don't know how to survive on my own, right? It's just instincts, even Human-Raised Pokemon are born with them!

I trotted through the woods, keeping to the human paths and watching my surroundings for any wild pokemon.

This is my home now.

I listened to my slow foot steps and the quiet wind ruffling the treetops, calmly surveying the area around me. The quiet breeze rustled by thick cheek fur, softly brushing against my skin and the gentle sounds of the forest relaxed me.

'Crash!'

I leapt into the air in shock as a lightning bolt shook the ground and illuminated the sky for a brief second. I froze, breathing heavy, allowing myself sit a moment of rest. I felt icy, cool raindrops land on my forehead, and shook away the droplets angerly. Great. Rain. What else do I need? I grumbled a curse towards the sky and darted to the side if the path, hiding underneath a throned bramble bush. Uncomfortable as it was, at least it was out of the rain.

I watched crystal raindrops land on the ground in front of me.

'Grrrrrrrr.'

I heard my stomach grumble hungrily. That disgusting Pokemon food my former trainer fed me this morning seemed like so long ago. But what kind of food could I possibly find out here?

Stepping into the forest, I glanced around. The canopy of trees blocked out the rain so I could explore for food. I scanned the area for any berry bushes or fruit trees. I wpadded around the clearing, watching the treetops and froze when I spotted a Spearow nest, full of good-sized white and brown eggs. Perfect!

I leaped up onto the lowest branch of the tree, which was about 3 feet up on a 15 foot tree. I successfully maneuvered my way all the way up to the nest by leaping skillfully from branch to branch. I landed next to the nest, glancing into the nest with a satisfied grin on my face. Licking my lips, I debated the best way to get them down and eat them. I heard the branch shudder and felt it shake slightly. I looked up hesitantly, my eyes meeting those of a female Spearow, her expression dark and unsympathetic.

"Oh, I see." I stated simply. "These belong to you? Are you gonna do something about this, huh stupid bird?" I sneered, a smug grin on my face as I set a paw on the nearest egg.

"I do think I am!" The Spearow cawed in an outrage, obviously understanding my words. It stepped forward, right in between the nest and me. "Take one step closer to my eggs-"

"You makin' threats Spearow?" I grinned mischievously, stepping up to where her beak was right against my face. "Are you sure you wanna mess with a me?" Then I felt it. See, we Espeon's use air currents to since others, and I knew something was com-

"Cawwwwwwww!" At least two dozen voices screamed at once.

An army of Spearows flooded the treetops, coming out from all angles and surrounding the tree, all facing me.

Hah. Ha... oh no...

I backed away from the nest. "Um, uh, maybe, on second thought, um, I can go eat somewhere else, hehh..."