Enemies at First Sight

(Umbreon's P.O.V)

"Umbree!" I squealed fretfully to Flareon as we trotted along the mud covered path. Tiny drops of mud flicked upward as we walked behind Eve, our trainer.

I hate mud.

The moon had fully risen in the sky, and bright stars filled the dark horizon. No need to use "Flash" to see tonight. The moon was illuminating enough.

A clump of mud flew at me from under Eve's feet, and I dodged it skillfully and whined like a baby Eevee. Flareon rolled his eyes at me and focused his gaze forward. I changed my focus to the path before us as well, following the path in silence.

After awhile of walking, we had reached our clearing. Eve's cabin was in sight, so Flareon and I dashed towards our home. Once we had reached the wooden door, I stopped and looked back at my trainer. She dashed to the door, holding the Espeon securely in her arms. "Espeeeee!" The purple Physic type struggled, wanting to be let down. Stupid Espeon. She's trying to help you. We saved you from those Spearows, the least you could do is thank us for what we did for you...

Eve opened the door swiftly, holding it open to let Flareon and myself in, before rushing in behind us and placing Espeon on her soft red couch. "There you go Espeon. Sit here and re-lax!" She giggled. "I'll go get some medicine and bandage for that leg!"

I politely dipped my head to the Espeon, and in response, she rolled her eyes.

Hmph. For such a beautiful creature, she sure was rather ungrateful and rude.

I spun around swiftly and walked away down the wooden floor, my paws thumping against the ground as I began to stomp away.

"Hey, you, Umbreon!" The Espeon commanded sharply, her beautiful voice harsh and demanding, "Get back here."

I turned quickly, staring into those big purple eyes. Her gaze made it appear as if I was... lower... than her. I scoffed and trotted over to her, grumbling. "Hmph- What do you want Espeon?" I asked harshly. I sincerely hoped she wanted to apologize and thank me. I saved her life and she knew it. She should be grateful, because of what an amazing and brave Umbreon I am.  

"Your... Trainer..." Espeon started, her voice wavering slightly, "What's she gonna do with me?" Her crystal voice broke my thoughts, echoing through my head for a few heartbeats before I fully registered just what she has asked.

I stuttered to find the right words and answer as honestly as I possibly could. "Hmmm... Well you see- um... Ya know, Ireally dont know... But I suppose.. She'll probably want to keep you..." I said, looking her in the eye and smiling slightly at the thought. Rude as she may be... I stared at her hopefully. What a pretty face...

Her beautiful face twisted in rage and fear. "KEEP ME?!?" The Espeon growled, bursting to her feet, despite having an injured leg, and flicking her tail irritably. "No! I think not! No trainers. Not again." Her angered voice trailed off awkwardly, as she began to pace back and forth on the couch. Espeon flinched painfully everytime she placed weight down on her hurt foot.

I flicked one of my black ears and leaped up onto the couch, causing the purple Physic pokemon to stop and glare at me, with an unreadable expression. After a few moments of silence, I broke our gaze and and questioned the Espeon. "What do you mean, never having another trainer, ever again...? Did you have a trainer before this? I thought you were a wild Espeon...?"

"Wild Espeon? That's pretty much unheard of, idiot." Espeon sat down, her split tail flicking back and forth irritably, "Anyway... It doesn't matter-" she looked up at me, her voice growing quiet and sad, "I don't really think you care. You really don't, do you?" She asked harshly, her blank face replaced by an angry expression.

I looked away and held back a deep growl due to her bitter tone. "Alright then, pride. I was simply curious. You obviously need a lesson in manners." I muttered, looking back at her and pressing my ears back defensively.

"How dare you talk to me that way, you stuck-up, you arrogant ball of fur!" The Espeon yowled, fluffing up her violet fur and glaring at me with fury in her eyes. I backed up, startled at the sudden outburst.

"Hey, hey, calm down, lady, please." I smiled awkwardly, sweat dripping down my forehead, trying not enrage the purple fox Pokemon. "Why do have to be so harsh, chick? I saved your life, the least you could do is thank me! I'm a hero, and your an ungrateful little beast. Seriously, calm down Espeon!"

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?" She stood up, her tail flicking around wildly. "How can I?  Your a the most sorry excuse for a gentleman I've ever met!"

"I can't be a gentleman when you refuse to act like a lady." I stuck my nose in the air a huffed. I leaped down from the couch and trooped away, leaving the Espeon dumbfounded.

The nerve of her, who does she think she is?

(To be continued...)