Think Before you Speak

(This time it's gonna be in Flareon's point of view, so don't get confused ok? Sorry for the delay from chapter to chapter- school, sports, and life yanno?)

(Flareon's Point of View)

I sat gracefully on the edge of the table, eyes narrowed and ears back as Espeon and Umbreon padded in, Espeon limping slightly as the two leaned on eachother. Whispering to themselves, Espeon limped away from Umbreon, bending down and then pouncing up into the couch. Umbreon followed, sitting down by Espeon and smiling. He glanced at me and frowned, tilting his head in confusion.

I watched them closely, examining Espeon to see why she was limping. Her paw was lifted while she sat, and I noted that it looked slightly reddening.

Suddenly I became concerned, leaping down from the table and padding over to the couch. "Did you hurt your paw Espeon?" I asked kindly. "Would you like me to get Eve? She'll help you!" I smiled and asked eagerly.

Espeon simply shrugged. "Sure, go for it. Thanks." I grinned and leaped away, out the door and into the hallway. Hearing Umbreon begin to talk, I decided to sit and listen, even if it's wrong... I paused behind the doorway, not seen by Umbreon and Espeon.

"He's sure eager to empress you." Umbreon snickered. "He's totally is in love with you, I mean, he acts like it all the time." Umbreon sighed, followed by a snort from Espeon. I sat dumbfounded, growling silently.

"Yea well, I mean... You both kind of do." Espeon shrugged. "I mean, during training, you both kind of... Competed... over me." The Espeon said simply.

"C-competed...? Over y-you? AS IF!" Umbreon stuttered awkwardly.

"As if? What's that supposed to mean?!" Espeon huffed angerly.

"T-that's not what I meant- I j-just meant th-" Umbreon stuttered for words until he was interrupted by the Physic types' snappy yet simple response.

"Just go Umbreon." Espeon spoke in her beautiful, calm voice.

Umbreon closed his eyes and huffed, leaping down and walking my direction. I stood and began to walk away swiftly in order to not be seen, but was too late. Umbreon gasped and rushed over to me. "Where you spying on us?" He hissed quietly, gritting his teeth and flicking his tail.

I hung my head in shame and looked at my paws. "Um..." I stuttered, shuffling my paws. "I didn't mean too, I promise... I just sort of-"

"Just mind your own business and leave us alone for a change!" Umbreon growled loudly, turning and walking towards Eve's bedroom with a huff. I sighed and walked back into where Espeon sat. The fox pokemon nodded politely when she spotted me.

"Hello." She said simply, closing her eyes and tilting her head down.

"You ok?" I asked, stepping closer to the Physic type Pokemon and smiling in. Friendly way. "I heard you and Umbreon's conversation."

"Snoop much?" Espeon snapped, looking up at me with blaring eyes.

"W-wellll you see... I-I didn't mean to-" I backed up a bit and swished my fluffy tail from side to side to calm myself.

"Don't you know the meaning of privacy?! Umbreon was right! Your like, in love with me, and obsessed with me! Why would you listen in on my conversations you stupid, no good freaky little Flareon?" Espeon hissed in a rage. My face fell, shocked at her outburst. She stood frozen in anger, only to calm herself moments later, an apologetic look covering her narrow face. "Ooh.. Geez... Um- Sorry Flareon I-I didn't me-"

I sighed and leaped away, overcome with disappointment. "Erm- Whatever." I grumbled, head down as I turned and trotted out the door. "See ya later Espeon."

My eyes shut, I blindly walked into the hallway and into Eve's room, opening my eyes to leap onto Eve's bed and sit by Umbreon. His eyes were focused on the television, but he must have heard me come in, because he let out a quiet "Hello." In a distant, grumbly voice. I settled down beside him, my tail wrapped around my paws and my head hung low.

"What's wrong with you?" Umbreon asked simply, glancing over at me.

I sighed and closed my ears. " I'm beginning to think Espeon isn't the one for me." I tilted back my ears and looked up. "She's just like you Umbreon. Neither of you think before you speak, and end up hurting someone." I hissed quietly, glaring at the dark type before turning, ready to leap off the bed.

Umbreon fumbled around for a few moments. "O-oh... Erm... By the way... I figured I should apologize for snapping at you earlier. I mean, your my friend. I've known you forever. It's wrong to let some girl get in the way of that, right?'" He said calmly. I turned to see the black and yellow fox Pokemon smiling at me.

"Thanks Umbreon." I said, a bit taken aback by this sudden apology. Umbreon had never been one for the sappy stuff. I smiled and spoke again. "Your forgiven bud." Umbreon grinned at me, then frowned again.

"Ya know Flareon..." He stuttered, looking at his paws. "You don't have to give up on Espeon... I think you and her would be cute..."

"I know your lying Umbreon. I know you like her, and I'm willing to help you. I'll be your wingman." I puffed up my fluffy tan chest and smirked. Umbreon laughed, falling over on the soft blanket and cackling loudly.

"Don't act so cocky Flareon. It looks ridiculous on you!" Umbreon laughed, causing me to laugh too. And for once, our conversation ended on a good note.

(To be continued...)