Lets Go For a Walk...

(I'm having too much fun writing this! I really hope you like it- I'm proud of it! Enjoy!)

(Espeon's Point of View)

I curled up on the couch in the living area. The sky was a pale purple as I dulling noted that the sun is setting. I could hear noises coming from another room and I flicked my ear, annoyed at the racket.

"Time to eat!" I loud voice squealed, taking me by surprise. The trainer skidded into the room, bowl in hand. "Here ya go Espeon, it's eevee food! I hope you don't mind- all I've got is regular eevee food. But Umbreon and Flareon seem to like it!" She giggled, stopping in front of the sofa and placing the bowl of pokemon food on the ground. "I assume you would like to eat in peace... So enjoy!" Eve hummed cheerfully, rubbing me on the head affectionately and skipping out of the room.

I stood and stretched my long legs, leaping onto the ground, standing in front of the food bowl and sniffing it. Typically I prefer fresh food- like berries or Pidgey eggs- but I hadn't eaten in awhile and my stomach was growling loudly. I delicately took a bite of the dry food and decided that I didn't actually despise it. I ate the whole bowl cheerfully, happy to be filling my empty stomach.

"Hmph, like the Eevee food, huh?" A voice chuckled. I looked up, and from the dark hallway I could see glowing yellow light. Umbreon's figure slowly appeared, his decorative yellow rings glowing.

"Don't sneak up on me like that, ok kid?" I smirked and stood up, my split tail flicking back and forth.

Umbreon chuckled and looked at his paws. "Oh- erm- sorry there Espeon." He looked up and smiled.

"Oh. It's fine- just don't do it again." I said jokingly.

Umbreon nodded and smiled. "I promise I won't." He laughed, shuffling his paws nervously. "Um... Would you like to go for a walk with me?"

I glanced out the window and frowned. The sun had completely disappeared, leaving behind a black sky and a trail of tiny shimmering stars. "Oh- but- it's dark outside..." I mumbled awkwardly.

Umbreon snorted. "Come'on, haven't you ever had a walk in the moonlight? You need to get out more." He cheekily said, pouncing onto the couch beside me.

I snorted in return and stuck my nose up in a fake mocking way. "Sounds dull. No wonder I haven't done it." I laughed, looking back down in his bright red eyes and smiling. "But I guess I'll go with you."

Umbreon closed his eyes and grinned. "Okie!" He squealed, leaping skillfully off the chair. "Follow me." He trotted down the hallway, and I leaped off and followed him through the dim hall.

He stopped before the door, and stood aside, gesturing towards the pokemon-door. The human must have put it in so Umbreon and Flareon could go outside. "After you." Umbreon spoke kindly, allowing me to push myself through the narrow exit, followed by the dark type Pokemon. He began walking briskly into the forest and onto the path. Trying to match his pace, I followed Umbreon swiftly.

"So- we going anywhere in particular?" I asked, glazing around at the outlines of dark trees all around me.

Umbreon nodded and smiled. "Yea. Trust me, you'll like where we're going. My Trainer and I found it when we were exploring- it's beautiful." He sighed poetically, his voice dreamy and distant.

I sighed and rolled my eyes dramatically, earning a dirty look from my dark type friend.

Snap!

The loud snapping of a twig as I stepped on it caught me by surprise and I leaped into the air. I looked down as I landed, spotting the broken stick and sighing angerly.

"It's just a twig you goof." Umbreon laughed. "I forgot- Espeons can't see in the dark as well at we Umbreons." He smirked. "Here." His bright rings began to glow brightly, illuminating the path ahead. "That should help."

"Oh- er- thanks Umbreon." I muttered, awkwardly smiling and flicking my tail in gratitude. His flashed a bright smile and continued to walk. We walked past the path that led to the training area, and kept up an even pace. Neither of us talked until Umbreon finally stopped.

"Here it is." He gestured towards another, overgrown dirt path. I strained my ears, listening to the gentle sound of running water that came from the direction of the new path. Umbreon began to pad down the trail, mirrored by me. I followed the dark type down the hill, until he stopped and stepped aside. "We are here."

A beautiful clearing lay before me. A small spring-fed pond sat near the edge of the clearing, it's water reflecting the moon and stars above. Rocks both big and small surrounded the water, and beautiful flowers grew all around the edges of the clearing.

"It's not much- but it's my favorite spot in the whole world. Cheesy, right?" He snickered, smiling warmly. I nodded, glazing around at the beautiful little area.

"It's quite lovely." I spoke gently, casting him a grin and walking over to little shimmering pond. I paused to take a drink of water and then finally sat down on a large rock beside the water's edge. Umbreon sat beside me, curling his tail around his paws contently.

"Hey Espeon?" I looked over at him and nodded. Umbreon looked at his paws. "Have you decided whether or not to stay with our trainer? She really has begun to care about you." Umbreon spoke quietly.

I don't want to stay. I don't want a trainer ever again. I'll just get betrayed again...

Or maybe- she really does care about me...

Eve doesn't seem like the type that would dump me out in the woods if she doesn't want me. She loves her Flareon and Umbreon... Maybe she would love me too.

I flicked my tail with a smile on my face. "Alright Umbreon." I said finally, nervously playing with my paws. "I'll stay with you and your trainer."

Umbreon smiled a big, bright smile. "I'm glad." He chuckled, trying to maintain his awkward happiness. "Eve will be so happy!"

I laughed quietly but was interrupted by a yawn. I blinked sleepily and stretched my legs. "It's getting very late- maybe we should head back-"

"Nonsense! We can just sleep here, I've done it before. You'll be asleep on your paws if we walked home now!" Umbreon chuckled, rubbing his head with his paw casually.

"Oh, ok then." I responded blankly, not hesitating to curl up in sleeping position and rest my head on my paws tiredly.

Umbreon did the same, his back against mine on the rock we both sat on. "Goodnight." He murmured, flicking his tail and letting it rest on my back.

"Goodnight." I responded quietly.

(To be continued...)