The Gentleman Flareon

(Espeon's P.O.V)

As soon as Umbreon had exited the room, that over-excited trainer girl dashed in, nearly slipping and falling on her wooden floor. In one hand, she held a tube of some medicine, and a roll of bandage in the other. She halted in front of the couch and bent down, a hopeful smile on her face.

"Here you go Espeon!" She held out her hand and squirted some of the medicine on her hand. She gently rubbed the cream on my sore leg. It began to sting, and I pulled my leg back and growled. The trainer girl chuckled nervously and scratched her head. "Sorry little Espeon. I didn't mean to." She said with a shy smile. The trainer held out the bandage for me to sniff, and I shook my head. She nodded in understanding and left the bandages on the floor.

She placed her hand on my head and began to stroke my ears. Humans are pathetic. I thrashed my split tail angerly. The trainer girl giggled and stood up. She slowly trotted away, her expression unchanged and her demeanor still as positive as ever.

I returned to my comfortable position on the couch, stretching out my injured leg. I rested my head on my paws and sighed loudly, closing my eyes and drifting into sleep.

"Um- excuse me- m'mam..." A gentle voice interrupted my nap. I opened my eyes and before me stood the fluffy pelted Flareon the Trainer had used to help me out of the Spearow hoard. His expression was kind and warm, and his paws shuffled around nervously.

"Oh- um..." I lifted my head and burst up. "Hello."

"I erm... Hope I wasn't disturbing you while you slept. I don't mean to interrupt your nap, Miss." The Flareon spoke in a soft, polite voice.

"Um, no... Your fine." I stuttered, taken aback by how kind he sounded compared to the Umbreon. It's hard to believe they both came from the same Trainer!

"Oh- good." He chuckled, gesturing towards the couch with his tail. "I don't mean to impose- but may I sit?" Flareon asked kindly and hopefully.

I nodded and flicked my ear. "Go right ahead. I don't mind."

The Flareon leaped skillfully into the seat, smiling and sitting down timidly. "Thanks." He grinned. "I heard part of your conversation with Umbreon..."

"Oh. Um... I didn-" I stuttered and frowned, looking away, embarrassed.

"No-no-no! Don't feel bad. It's not your fault. Umbreon..." He thought for a second and looked back at me. "He's a bit of a crab, isn't he? I mean- he's great though- you know, once you get to know him. He's kind of like a brother to me."

"Yea. I'm sure." I rolled my eyes and mumbled sarcastically. "Unfortunately, I won't get the chance to get to know him. I don't think I will be missing out on much though."

"You won't be staying? Oh Eve- our trainer- oh she will be so upset! I think she's really excited about taking care of you. She loves the us Eevee Evolution Pokemon, and I promise- she's really a great trainer!" Flareon looked at me hopefully, a smile on his orange face and his big brown eyes blinking cheerfully. "Please stay with us!"

I turned and frowned. "Erm... No thank you- I don't trust trainers. I-I've had problems with them before. I don't think I will trust a trainer again... Sorry to upset you and her... Eve was it?" I flicked my tail and sighed.

"Please tell me what you mean, Miss Espeon. What happened between you and your past trainers? I'm sure I can convince you that Eve is different." The Flareon insisted, compassion flowing in his voice. He placed a paw only shoulder in comfort.

"I don't know...." I mumbled. "It's just..." Something about him makes him easier to talk to than the Umbreon. I don't think it would hurt to possibly tell him...

The Flareon scooted closer to me. "Please. You can tell me." Reluctantly, I nodded and sighed. I really don't want to sound like I'm whining though. I don't like sounding weak.

"I-I..." I started, looking away. "I had a trainer, a guy named Storm. He caught me back when I was a young little eevee. H-he... Trained me hard- and I was the best eevee I could be because of it. And for awhile, he was really proud of me. Storm told me, he was gonna evolve me into Espeon. Happily, I agreed with the trainer that had raised me. After he evolved me- he entered me in the Pokemon league. We hadn't trained that much while I was an Espeon, so I only knew basic moves. W-we won, the first battle. But... On the second one- we lost t-to a girl and her J-Jolteon. Storm was so mad. H-he kept telling m-me that he wished he would have evolved me into a Jolteon or an Umbreon- or something more powerful, and, just a few days ago- he just left me in the woods. He ordered me not to follow him. I told myself I didn't need a trainer." I looked up, holding back angry tears. "And I don't." I said sharply. "I don't need a trainer. Thanks very much, but I won't stay with Eve and you- and especially not that Umbreon." I growled.

Flareon looked over at me, sympathy and compassion in his gaze. "I'm so sorry..." I frowned, and nodded. The Flareon smiled again and looked at me hopefully again. "But I promise Eve isn't like that. She's really nice and a good trainer and-"

"I'm sorry Flareon," I interrupted him crossly, containing my anger. "But I don't think so... I'm not going to stay. Can you- erm... I'm sorry. I need some time alone... I think." Flareon sat close to me and frowned, respectfully placing his tail on my shoulder.

"It's fine. Please do stay a few days, though. I'm sure you will get to know her- and- me..." He looked away awkwardly.

I smiled shyly and grinned.

"Um- I suppose I better go now." The Flareon sighed. He stood and leaped down, dashing away. He stopped for a second once he got to the door , looking around, and then casually trotted away.

Well that was awkward...

(To be continued...)