Training Time

(Umbreon's P.O.V)

I blinked open my eyes. The lights in this room were all off, but light from the sun rising was enough to fill the room. Flareon was curled up on Eve's lap. Our trainer slept face up, her legs and arms sprawled out so that she looked almost flat. I yawned and sat up, stretching my short black legs. I flicked my ear and sat back down, closing my eyes and relaxing again.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I leaped into the air as Eve's loud bedside alarm clock began to chatter, the red numbers on it reading '7:00'. I opened my eyes and held my ears back angerly. I carefully stepped around Eve and over to the edge of the bed. I leaped onto the little bedside table, placing a paw down on the snooze button to shut the stupid machine up. This was a regular event in this house, and I'd become aware of a way to manipulate the ridiculous thing. Why did Eve even need that contraption? I can wake her up.

I leaped back onto the bed lightly, pressing my cold nose to Eve's face to wake her. She was a pretty heavy sleeper, the loud alarm never woke her anyway, so it was my job as her Pokemon (and best friend, of course) to wake Eve up in the morning instead.

Eve's bright blue crystal eyes blinked open. She glanced around until her gaze rested on me, and she smiled. "Good morning Umbreon." She giggled through a long yawn. She sat up, stretching her arms. Flareon shook his head awake and stood up, stepping down from Eve's lap and standing beside me. He nodded politely at me and leaped down off the bed, trotting out of the room casually.

Eve finished stretching and scooted off the bed, standing up and stretching again. She opened her clothes drawer and grabbed a armful of her clothing. Walking out towards her bathroom, Eve yawned again and disappeared out the door to go change out of her bright blue pajamas into her typical training clothes.

I leaped down from the bed and landed on the carpet with a soft 'thud'. Padding out the door and into the hall, I perked up my ears and heard the beautiful voice of Espeon. I walked towards the living room curiously, and heard Flareon's voice. When I entered the room, Flareon sat on the floor, looking up at the Espeon with a cheerful smile. Espeon looked down at him, a blank expression on her face. She perked up a tad when she spotted me coming in.

She looked right past Flareon and right at me. "Oh- good morning Umbreon." She said happily, the slight smile on her face causes my heart to flutter a bit. Flareon glanced from me to her, confused and curious.

"Good morning, Espeon." I said cheerfully. Flareon shot me a confused look due to my sudden happiness, and I awkwardly shuffled my paws. "Ohhh- and uh- good morning to you too Flareon... Heh..."

Flareon's confused look faded and he nodded cheerfully. "Good morning to you too, Umbreon. I was just telling Espeon here that we are going to go training today, and if she would like to come too-" he turned and looked at the Physic type again with hopeful eyes, "I would be most delighted." He finished, his fluffy golden tail wagging with excited cheerfulness.

"Yes. And I was explaining how I already knew this..." She looked down at Flareon, "Because last night Umbreon already told me about it ya know?" She stated awkwardly, looking around the room swiftly. "And erm- I'd be perfectly happy to join you two for you training."

Flareon looked confused at her sudden change of attitude, "O-oh." He smiled and stood up. "Well, that's great! I can't wait!" He leaped in the air joyfully. "Erm- see ya later Espeon!" Flareon smiled and dashed off.

I rolled my eyes and Espeon covered her mouth with her paw, holding back a giggle. I padded over to the couch and leaped up, sitting beside the Espeon and curling my black and yellow ringed tail around my small, dark paws.

We sat in silence, not looking at eachother. I refused to speak, unsure of what to say.

The silence was broken by a thunder of footsteps as Eve came bursting in the doorway, now in her training outfit. She wore her tight pink athletic shirt, and clean white shorts, with her pink and white hat covering most of her short-cut blonde hair. She dashed in, nearly slipping on the hard wood floor as she rounded the corner into the living room. She slammed into a wall clumsily, knocking down a picture that was hanging.

"Hey Umbreon! Hey Espeon!" She stuttered joyfully, grabbing onto the wall for support. Eve hauled herself back into her feet as Flareon burst into the room, his mouth held open in a humored smile at our trainers clumsiness.

Eve stood up on her feet again, quickly running over to the couch. She extended her arms to me. Joyfully I scooted close to her and rubbed my face against her hand affectionly. Eve giggled and grabbed me, lifting me into her arms and holding me close to her. "Ready for training Umbreon?" She held me outwards, looking me in the eyes hopefully. I nodded. "Yay! Let's go!" She squeaked.

"Umbreeee!" I squealed happily, telling her that I do indeed agree.

She put me down onto the ground beside Flareon, giving him a pat on the tuft of fur on his head. "Let's go guys!" She smiled and looked up. I looked up to catch Espeon glancing at me and rolling her eyes playfully. I shrugged and looked back at Eve.

She reached out her hand and grabbed Espeon's leg. The psychic type flinched slightly at her touch and made an uncomfortable face. "Hmmm... Your leg is looking much better Espeon. Wanna come training with us?" Espeon pulled her leg out of her grip and nodded hesitantly, exchanging an uneasy glance with me before turning her attention back to my trainer. Eve squealed happily again, grabbing the Espeon in her arms and hugging her. Espeon sighed and didn't struggle, much to my surprise.

"Let's go guys!" Eve yelled, rushing towards the cabin door and bursting out.

"Umbreeeeon!"

"Flareeeeeeeeon!"

Flareon and I burst out the door with her, following our trainer as we made our way to our usual training area.

(To be continued...)