Chapter Fifteen

"Hey, Dad!" I screamed, skipping into Mace's study, in the middle of the meeting between Fidel, Thunder, him, and Chris.

I sat on Chris' lap.

"So... you're saying, hypothetically, if a warlock were to suddenly do something completely out of character, is there a way to explain it with a weird supernatural condition?" Mace asked Chris, as I ate a piece of toast.

"Yes."

"Well, that depends... How old would this hypothetical warlock be...?"

"Seventeen," Fidel immediately said.

Thunder elbowed him in the side.

"Err, yeah. Let's say seventeen," Chris said.

"Right, well, I'd say that Lucus is probably going through a hardship of some sort and-"

"It's not LucUS!" i screamed, choking on my toast. Chris held me tighter to make sure I wouldn't fall completely off of his lap.

"Right, Sky... Anyway," Mace continued, "His spirit is a bit mixed up. You need to lead him more toward the good side of his conscious. That is, if you can even get him to hang out with you enough. Right now, his main priority will be to do whatever it is that has him doing stuff out of character. I doubt even his soulmate will be more important to him right now."

"Well, I feel loved..." I said.

Then something dawned on me. Crud. He's going to do anything it takes in order to finish the bomb. And not even I can distract him from it. THINK OF HAPPY THINGS TO MAKE HIM STOP BEING EVIL.

Unicorns. Unicorns have got to be the answer. They're always the answer.

"UNICORNS!" I yelled, running upstairs to my bedroom.

***Third Person POV***

Cynthia walked into the Spencers' house, to see Chris. But as she entered the main hallway, and flipped on the light, the sight before her was certainly NOT what she was expecting. Poorly printed pictures of various unicorns were taped all over the floors, walls, and ceiling. Hell, they were everywhere. Even taped to flower vases and the back of furniture. What is going on?

~*~

Chris stepped out of the shower, a towel draped around his waist. But he was shocked by the sight before him. Someone had come into the bathroom and posted pictures of unicorns all over the place. There were even a couple on the bathroom mirror. In fact, Chris was so taken by surprise, that he let out a loud, girly scream, and fell into the tub.

***Skylar's POV***

I was in the midst of printing out more unicorn posters, when all my wonderful siblings came bursting into my room.

"Why, hello. How are you all on this fine day?"

"Why?" Fidel asked simply, holding up a torn piece of a unicorn poster that I had put above his bed.

"This thing scared me while I was about to go pee!" Daxton said, holding up another.

Everyone else simply glared at me.

"Don't judge me! I still have stuff to do!" With that, I grabbed my two cans of pink paint with my paintbrush, and ran out of the house.

~*~

"I've been working on the railroad! All the livelong dayysss!" In reality, I was painting Jones' house hot pink. And boy is this fun!

He's out patrolling right now, as far as I know, but this is part of his hourly route. I think Dave is currently watching the station with Almond. Ugh. Painting is hard work. Who suggested this anyway? Ugh, I don't even remember. But it sucks. This is hard and tiring and boring. And I'm really cold and hungry too. Jones still owes me some fast food from that one deal...