Chapter 5

It was currently 9:30pm and I was just about to fall back asleep. I'd already been asleep for 45 minutes, I woke up and I seen on my phone that I had 2 missed calls from Sal. So I decided to call him back.
"Heeyyy, you okay?" I asked.

Sal- " Yeah I'm good, I was speaking to Tasha earlier, she told me you just had some concerns with me....about your birthday?"

Me- " I was just saying to her that like.. I'm just gonna be upset because you'll be away for my birthday, but then she suggested that like, maybe us girls fly over to Illinois for like 2 days so we'd all get chance to go out for my birthday."

Sal- " But babe, you can still go out for your birthday, I'm gonna plan something special for when I get back. I'll be back the next day, anyway. I don't want you to be getting upset just cause im not there."

Me- " So should we come to Illinois or not?"

Sal- " I don't want you to go out of your way just to be with me in a different state. The last thing I want you to do is get upset, and I'm sorry for not being able to be with you. Trust me I know from experience, you'll get a little jet lag, then you'll wanna hit the town, next day you wake up with a hangover and you're feeling like shit on a flight home. Wouldn't it be just better to wake up in your own bed instead of worrying about getting up to get a flight with a stinking headache?"

Me- " hmmmm..." I felt upset that Sal didn't want me with him.
Sal- " You want me to come over?"
Me-" Its up to you, you have a key and stuff so... I was just about to fall asleep but I could do with having you here."
Sal-" Okay, I'll be 15 to 20 minutes. I love ya!"
Me-" I love you too."

I heard Sal make his way into my apartment, and I could smell Chinese food. " I was already in town and I thought I would bring some food? I haven't eaten yet this evening, have you?" Asked Sal.

" Yeah I have, eaten. Just leave some spare if there's any I might have some later."
Sal looked and me and sighed. " You know I love you, Jadey." Once sal came out with those words I just burst out crying.

"What's wrong, what did I say?" Sal was worried and came and sat by me on the sofa and hugged me into him.
" No its not you. " I said. "I just...I don't know my stomach just had like, that butterfly feeling when you just said that and now im crying. I've just...I feel the happiest I've ever been since.. I don't know when, sometimes I don't realise how lucky I am to have a man like you who loves me and who's always there for me."

Sal giggled and aww'ed. " Jade are you sure you're okay? Are you like, Due on your period or something, or you hormonal?"
I wiped my tears away and laughed. " hahaha, probably. I'm sorry."

Sal- Its fine! I'm glad to hear you feel this way, I just thought you were really pissed off at me. I'll put the Food in the oven, just to put away and i'll get into my comfie's and then we'll relax on here."

I woke back up about 12am, Just led there in Sal's arms on the sofa. I couldn't sleep, all  i  could do was to overthink about stuff. Such as;  am i just being rediculous? and why was i acting like i was? Crying over Sal telling me he loves me... I'd normally tell him that back but for some reason, and i don't know why.. It just overwhelmed me. I tried falling back asleep but it just wouldn't happen, so i went into the kitchen to get a glass of water, and i just sat at the kitchen table on my phone looking through my social media.

I seen Joe's facebook status which read;

" What a Exciting, but stressful day With @SalVulcano. "

"What the hell did the guys get upto today?" I thought. "Should i ask Sal, or should i just keep my nose out of it. Maybe i should ask, as joe's wrote about it on facebook.." I heard Sals footsteps along the hallway. " What're you doing up? You okay?" Sal asked rubbing his eyes.

Me-
"Yeah,hun i just can't sleep. I didn't want to wake you i'm sorry."

Sal-
" No no! you didn't..Shall we just go to bed? It's not as warm in the livingroom."

Me-
"Yeah sure, i'll just go to the bathroom and i'll be right there."