prσlσguє

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

prσlσguє

~Obviously nobody bothers reading the-- in all caps, Author's note before this chapter.~

*** Yeah no, don't bother reading if you want a 'perfect' character. I'll warn you right here and now, my characters are gonna to have flaws, JUST LIKE REAL PEOPLE, *gasps* shocking right?! Who knew flaws existed?***

Note my sarcasm.

READ THE FUCKING SHIT ABOVE ^^^

I stare at the road extremely excited to meet Aiden, my boyfriend for over four years. Biting my lip, to keep in the happy sqeual within me, as my car rounds the corner I spot, Madeline, the restuarant Aidan and I agreed to meet.

I was hoping after all this time he would propose.

Arrivng to a halt, I rush out and in to the restaurant. "Leah McCarthly?" A waitress asks, I confirm with a nod. She gestures me to follow her. She leads me to a table in the middle, how beautiful. I thought to myself. I see Aiden's charming smile, as he gets up to hug me.

He holds a small box, my eyes shine with curiosity. A ring perhaps?

He grins at me, "I've been meaning to ask this a really long time, Leah dear." He brings the box and shoves it towards me.

"Leah would you mind if we would take a break from us? I really hope this can make up for it." Aidan says shoving the box to me. My megawatt smile, turned into a frown.

I held onto the box, and stare at him with betrayal. "Are you- are you breaking u-up with me?" I asked shocked to the core. He smiles sadly at me.

"No! Not breaking up just a small break. I'm visiting my boy in the Caribbean, I want to be free when I do." He admits nervously. I grit my teeth angrily.

"So you want to sleep with whores? Is that it?" I gape at him.

He coughs awkwardly, "Not really whores."

I raise my hand to slap him, however stopping myself. "Is it because I didn't want to have sex with you until we marry?" I shrieked, causing many to glance at us weirdly.

"Baby, that's all wrong. I just want to remember how it was when I wasn't, weighed down." He replies grabbing my hand and rubbing it soothingly. I scoffed pulling my hand back and slapping him as hard as I can.

"You are such a bastard!" I screamed, stomping away along with the box he gave me in hand. Wiping the hot tears which rolled down my face. The worst part was he didn't bother coming after me.

I rip open the box seeing a silver necklace. Along with a note.

Dear Leah,

My darling I hate to do this, but I will only assume when you hear it from me, that I wanted a break, that you would storm off.

I was right, wasn't I?

Anyway baby, I will be gone for two weeks. We are taking a break, a really small one.

I only have eyes for you, love. But a man needs what he needs.

-Aiden

I crumple the frail paper and threw it away. I flare my nostrils as I throw the silver chain in the back of car, driving home with tears in my eyes.

How could he? After four years!

*
  *
    *
Walking into my bare apartment, I slump against the door sliding down and returning to my sobbing.

Maybe we could still work past this.

Maybe he meant it when he said he only had eyes for me.

Having my hopes up I dialed Aiden's number. It went straight to voicemail.

"Hey babe. I over reacted earlier, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hit you, and I think we can work past this. Baby I'll wait until you come back, just when you do. Come back to me." I say sincerely, before hanging up.

I've decided I would not date anybody, I wouldn't even look at another man.

Only Aiden.

*  *  *  *  *
Don't bother commenting about my protagonist's flaws if your comment isn't constructive or more then 5 damn words.

Anyway, check out my other book "Deimos" if you haven't already. ^^^

[Published August 17, 2015]
[Entered in JustWriteIt&Wattys2015]
[Highest Ranking #X]

My Goals:

10 Votes
3 Comments

-Margareth Valley